1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

shocks and awe

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by neverstuck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I have the 2.5" levelling kit on front, and the 4 leaf kit on the back with firestone riderite airbags. With around 30 lbs of air in the bags, the truck is level. The ride... is rough. My understanding... the limited upward travel on the shocks is making it feel very tight and rough over bumps.

Will upgrading my shocks fix this problem? Would they allow me to run less air in the bags? Can I get a shock with more upward travel without making other mods like extending my brake lines?

HELP!!

I'm clueless.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    daftcon

daftcon too many clowns, not enough circuses.

Member:
    First Name:
    François Dillinger
    places
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner
    just about black everything. i don't dig the chrome.
    i cant speak from a tacoma stand point, because ive never experinced it. however every vehicle i have ever ridden in with positive air baggage (technical term by the way), despite being lifted, lowered, or stock, is ALWAYS a rough ride. i've been in a lowered civic, lifted xterra, stock navigtor (eventually lifted), and a lowered nissan mini truck, all bagged, and like i said, every single one of them was hell to ride in.
    i dont know if this has any correlation but its maybe a little insight to your dilemma.

To Top