1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shocks/struts/coils...HELP?!?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Taquito401, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    Taquito401

Taquito401 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    RI
    Vehicle:
    '11 RC MGM
    Hey all,I'm looking to keep a stock quality ride with a front spacer lift. Seems most of you feel that with spacers alone, the front end hops more than is comfy. But don't the front spacers sit on TOP of the strut without compressing the spring? How do the spacers make your front ride crappy? Soooo, looking under the front of my truck ('11 base 2dr) it looks like I have a large coil,and I'm assuming inside that there is a mono tube shock? And those 2 together are a strut ? (because it bears weight?) ? So to smooth out the front ride with a spacer lift, will longer-than-stock Bilstein HD shocks make a difference? Or do I need new coils to do that,or both? I'm not stupid,just new stuff to me... If anyone has time to school me,I appreciate it!

2. Apr 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    the way the spacer pushes the lca down gives it an angle the shock isnt made for therefore making it slightly stiffer as the suspension compresses. kinda binds the top plate i guess. everyone i have seen upgrades to the hd bilstiens but ill let them chime in

Products Discussed in

To Top