1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shoe Creek 4/28/12

Discussion in 'South East' started by tacoma89, Apr 13, 2012.

?

Coming???

Poll closed May 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Apr 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Ain't gon' need 'em. It's Shoe Creek.

Uwharrie has better wheeling. If as many people show up as claim they're going to, I'm gonna lobby for splitting into groups. Groups larger than 4 or 5 get unwieldy.

2. Apr 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    we had a good amount show up in nov. was surprised that many people showed up that said they were. that sat night was awesome tho :D

3. Apr 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    That's where I bent mine...

4. Apr 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    How? On what? Has something changed since last summer? The first time out there I ran everything without armor without so much as a ding...was it wet and sent you sliding into something?

5. Apr 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    That was quite the hang when you bent them... I ripped a side step off mine while out there. There were a few places you could use armor if you chose the less traveled routes.

I'm not saying its great wheeling... It's just fun..

6. Apr 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    Went up a hard line, needed to winch myself out. Tested the alum skids too :cool:

7. Apr 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    No argument. Been there a couple times, and will go back in the future. Enjoyed it.

8. Apr 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    So at this point... Who's definite? Anyone camping Friday night?

9. Apr 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    Im going and will be there early Saturday morning. Might see if my pops can tag along if he wants to make the drive to meet me

10. Apr 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I will know by 5PM Monday whether or not I have to fly out Sat AM. Most guys headed to URE are leaving my area around noon... I will not be able to leave work that early... We have our sales reps from around the world in town and My whole crew is at the convention all week. I don't want to drive all the way down there to have to ride with someone else. So, if I don't fly out... I'll head to shoe Friday night and set up camp same place as last time.

11. Apr 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    Sounds good john, I wont be camping but will show up early Sat to the camp site. Gotta be back sat night or else i'm in the dog house...5 year anniversary is the 28th, but she has to study for school so she can't come.

12. Apr 22, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Is your winch working? :D

13. Apr 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    Yup. Winch works. Still working on setting up the rear power. Got 50 of 2 gauge this weekend and have all the quick connects just need to cut and crimp them this week sometime.

14. Apr 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Git on Er!!!! U know I'll be needin it!! :D

15. Apr 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    You did fine last time. Wont be as wet this time. Only supposed to get a little rain on Thursday and then clear for the weekend.

Maybe you can be my person to test it on:D

16. Apr 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'll take a hit for the team! My buddy Rich and I will be there. Just got confirmation that I do not have to fly to Ohio Saturday. I'm planning on heading north Friday afternoon.

17. Apr 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    Sweet, I will be in Lynchburg Friday then make my way to the camp site in the morning.

You going to take your steps off this go around?

18. Apr 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    One way or another :rofl:

So from what I see there are only 3 trucks going to be there... And I'm the only camper at this point?

19. Apr 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.

Stan might be camping as well. Not sure i will ask him in a min.

trucks will be yours, stans, kurts, and mine so 4 trucks total so far.

I have a friend who said he is coming up saturday afternoon to camp and then ride sunday

20. Apr 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    tacoma89

tacoma89 [OP] Money Pit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Richmond, Va
    Vehicle:
    08 sport dc lb
    Check build in sig.
    Don't think he is camping

Products Discussed in