1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I change my headlights?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ToyTaco, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Should I Change My Headlights Out?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2011.
  1. No, Keep the ones you have

14 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Yes, IPCW Projector Headlights

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Yes, Retro-fit Headlights

60 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. Yes, Black Housed OEM Headlights

47 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    ToyTaco

ToyTaco [OP] For the Retards, Im a Female

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Newark, DE
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport 4x4 modified
    Ill probably end up going with the retros, once I get my other project out of the interior shop and then i can focus on working on the lights myself. Im pretty familiar of how to break apart the lights, reseal them etc etc. So I think I can take a stab at doing the retro styles.

2. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I think the group buy is still going on now so you can get the parts cheaper if you can swing it... :cool:

3. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    sweeet! it's fun :)

I think cummins guy is getting a headcount right now. The other GB he did has expired, but he is getting ready to set up a second one when he has 25 people interested.

4. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    ooooh.... I might have to try to get in on that one. Financially it didn't make sense last time, in a few months I think I could swing and and I want me some FX-R's :drool:

5. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    your personal finance didnt make sense or the GB discount finance part didnt make sense?? hehe

I might jump in on this :anonymous:

6. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I bought my first house this summer it's a fixer upper... needless to say, money's been tight! Almost done though and I think the Taco needs some love after all the heavy hauling it's been through lately. Between trips to the transfer station and home depot runs, it's earned it's keep!

7. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    house yey! did you have fun with all the freakin paperworks?!?! i sure DID NOT... lol

my taco has recieved alot of lovin' lately..slowly starting to share the love to my bike again ;)... trying to find a projector that would fit in there (2008 yamaha r1)

8. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Sorry for the threadjack OP...

The paperwork sucked and my mortgage has been sold 3 times since June :mad:

TRS has projectors for sport bikes. I looked into them but I found out my bike's headlights don't split apart unless you cut them. I think a bike would look great with projectors! I ended up just doing a plug and play HID kit since the stock lights sucked!

9. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    ToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Newark, DE
    Vehicle:
    lol not a problem. Im actually going to look into those retro bike ones for my harley to see if i can make them work

10. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ohh! i have never seen a retro on a harley..im curious of what the outcome will be! please do share :p

11. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    ToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Newark, DE
    Vehicle:
    lol I will, but it wont happen till next year, plus ill order a different headlight then the stock one as well.

12. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Good plan, that's what I did when I did the BHLM. Much easier when you're not rushed and you know you're not going to potentially ruin the only set you've got.

13. Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i personally do not like eagle eye housing at all i had problems with everyone that was retrofitted. tyc makes the only housing i would use besides oem they are def better quality than the rest.

i had a few retros done in the last year lolz first mini d2s which blow if your considering mini's go with the H1 projector it's much better but will not handle 50 watt setups.

next was the ls 460 they are the best bixenon currently being made period but its not a job one can do at home really not with out extensive knowledge about retrofitting.

this sunday i have customlightz putting together a set of customized fx rs for me 50 watt ballast and 50 watt bulbs it's going to be a great set-up and still keep full functionality of weather resistance.

enough talk here are some of my pics :) here is an idea that could set your retrofit apart from the rest a quad set up in the headlights you have now would be kind of cool or pic up a set of those other ebay projectors an idea worth toying with if you hired a retrofitter the sky is the limit custom leds ccfl's it could be very cool.

164527_184380021588501_100000495141273_629873_2623057_n.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0450.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  14. Oct 11, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    ToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Newark, DE
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for all that input. I had a friend who had retrofit heads and tails done for his dodge and he put out over 1,000 for them. I am not sure if that was per set or what.
    But i must say you have a really sharp looking truck, i love the look of it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  15. Dec 26, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++

clearcorners.com

makes custom led boards and such then retrofits them in lights but, there work is crazy nice! lol they besides my friend bjorn is some of the only guys i know that do this kind of stuff.

thats a pricey upgrade though clearcorners wants like 2500 for a set of tails :eek:

those guys retrofit some extremely high end cars though and there work is top notch. i saw some of their work in person and they are easily 4 times brighter than any oem tail i have ever seen lol they are like red headlights :)

Products Discussed in

To Top