1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I get: Road bike or Cross bike?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by logcabinwc, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Feb 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '12 Silver Streak stocker
    Cross bike definitely. Beside actual 'cross racing, I used mine for light touring, commuting, 300 mile charity rides, gravel grinders and even a crit or two. Disc brakes are well worth the weight penalty unless you are a Cat 1 racer.

2. Feb 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Colt1195

Colt1195 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I say go with a cross bike.

I have 2 cross bikes and no road bikes anymore. I just simply mount some road tires on my cross bike and it becomes a road bike.

One of the bikes I have is the specialized tri cross triple (2008 model) and it has been the most durable bike ive ever had.

Ive raced it probably 30 times, logged about 8,000 miles on it and had it fall off my car on the highway twice. It still works perfectly.

3. Feb 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, flow master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Federal Signal Siren, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom built expedition style bed rack and basket combo, TRS Projector Retrofit Hopefully soon: Avid Front bumper Light bar w/lights
    Fell off your car on the highway?! and it was still ok? holy crap..... there must be some stories behind that.

4. Feb 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    Colt1195

Colt1195 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First time it fell off was after a cross race where I did two races and I guess was tired and not thinking properly when I attached it to my bike rack.

After about 20 minutes of driving I look in my rear view mirror and my bike is tumbling on the highway and the car behind me swerved to miss it.

Went back and picked it up and the only thing wrong was the brake level was slightly off.

Second time it fell of wasnt so bad, it was in the back of my friends pickup and we were driving up a dirt road and both our bikes fell out.

5. Aug 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    sdsyver

sdsyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have one as well. They are a blast to ride. Insane amounts of traction in places that you would think you have none. I bought mine for winter use but it is fun all year round.

To Top