1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I lift my stock 2013 DCLB?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by jdogrunner, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Oct 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    jdogrunner

jdogrunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    First post, but I have a big question... I'd like to squeeze a little more off road performance out of my non TRD Tacoma and I'm wondering if a suspension lift would do it for me. My question is whether or not the extra height from the lift would offset the disadvantage of the long wheelbase enough that it would be worth it? It's a 2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 with 265/75/16 tires.

I've had one other Tacoma (TRD, extended cab w/ 6 foot bed) and a stock Nissan 720 but never messed with the suspension on either of those trucks because I never had many problems w the type of 4 wheeling I do.

I don't need it capable of rock crawling but want it to be solid on most dirt roads-- i.e. southern Utah, the Maze, White Rim-- stuff like that. This summer I had some problems dragging the bottom and back on big water bars and entering and exiting washes.

Any input? Would a three inch suspension lift make enough of a difference?

Thanks

2. Oct 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    brochacho

brochacho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner SR5
    If you are bottoming out then yes a lift if will absolutely improve offroad performance. 2-3" lift would probably be perfect for you. Just stay away from spacer lifts, they will actually hurt your offroad capabilities.

3. Oct 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I'd say to go with a 3" suspension lift and you should be good to go. Depending on how fat your wallet it is and what performance level you want to reach you are looking at anywhere from $500-$3K for a full suspension kit give or take.

4. Jan 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    ArcherTaco

ArcherTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Greeley/Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Toy-Tec Kit, Tool box fit to bed, Dipped badges, cab lights, running boards, Flowmaster exhaust
    I've got a DCLB with a 3'' lift and I love it. Having had the same issue I get where you're coming from and 3'' is enough to keep you from dragging in most easy going scenarios. Good luck with whatever you choose!

5. Jan 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    SIZZLE

SIZZLE Pro-party

Member:
    Novato, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    A little a this, a little a that...
    Yes, a lift will help with your long wheel base and overhangs. Plus, the stock suspension on these trucks is crap anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top