1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I settle, or be patient?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ChaseUA, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    05sctaco: If I could find it I would. Not really interesteds in using a broker. Would rather find the auto myself and buy it without having to pay yet another middleman, dealing with one salesman is enough.

If anyone finds the configuration I'm looking for at their local dealer please let me know. Juiceman, I am about to try to find that location now and give them a call!

Thanks,

Chase

2. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    wcm608

wcm608 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Impulse Red
  3. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:

Winner winner chicken dinner.... Just called and spoke to a nice salesman there. He is e-mailing me over some details. Thanks for the link! Still trying to reach someone at my local dealership that can help me, as "my" salesman is off today.. I want my deposit back, before buying this other one.

4. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Patience will be rewarded.

5. Mar 23, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    zanodave

zanodave Well-Known Member

Member:
    so il
    Vehicle:
    07speedwayblue
    do not settle. get what you want!!!!

6. Mar 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Be patient, and be glad it's only 1-2 weeks. I had to wait about 9 weeks to get the color I wanted.... But it was definitely worth it.

7. Mar 23, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks again for all the feedback. I called the dealer in Penn and have had him send me over the preliminary paperwork etc. I am still waiting on a refund from my dealer - my "salesman" was off today but I was able to talk to the "sales manager" and he said he was going to call the dealer again today to try to work the trade, he said if he couldn't talk to the "trade guy" he was going to try to speak to the owner or GM of that location - however he also told me he would call me back tonight before he left and still no call from him :(

I think I am going to give it two more days to play out at the local dealer before I go from patient to demanding a refund. It wouldn't even bother me if they said "Yes, the truck is yours but it will be 5 weeks before it is here", or something to that nature, but to leave me in limbo not even knowing if they are going to be able to get it is driving me nuts.

With that said, I've already spent over 1k on accessories and don't even have a truck yet, haha (bought Weathertech visors and liners today and ordered a Panasonic Z110BT HU over the weekend).

8. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    If its already been allocated, it would likely been tagged with the customers name, so other dealers know its unavailable.

I would wait, or reconsider a doublecab, more space is rarely a bad thing.

9. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    What dealership in AL? I dealt with all of them when getting my truck. I can tell you who to go to and who to avoid.

10. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    I've thought about a doublecab I just don't think I'll ever need the space. Like I said, I've had my car 7+ months and the backseat has been sat in twice-and once was because I didn't have enough room in the back to put what I wanted to in it, haha, with a truck that wouldn't have been an issue.

Tuscaloosa Toyota

I've bought from them in the past and they were great, this time its just a little frustrating that they can't give me a definitive answer. Like I said, waiting wouldn't bother me if they told me "you are guaranteed to get the car, but it will be x weeks" or whatever.

11. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:

Do like I did and call around to every dealer in the south. Thats what I did and I settled for about 8 under sticker. I had them battling against each other for the same truck.

12. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    I've had a couple of friends who got tired trying to find the exact vehicle they wanted & settled for what they could find. Then a week/month later they found exactly what they had been looking for but it was too late. Moral of the story, be patient.

13. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    I may have to do that, however until I get a refund back for my truck Im weary of calling another dealership in the "Southeast Tuscaloosa" region.

14. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    I ended up going out of bham cause I basically told them "i will pay this $$$ for this xxx truck" and they said ok. I probably would not do business with them again though. A little shady after the deal was made.

15. Mar 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    In defense of the dealership, they may not know themselves if they can get the truck. I also work in autosales, and this has happened to me many, many times. If the dealership is far away, they are going to be less motivated to be nice and allow the trade. They are giving up a truck and will get nothing in return. Usually they will give up a truck, and then will get one back in the future when they need one, if they are close to eachother.

Many times I've called and called, left many messages and after a week, still had to definitive answer if we can have the car/truck. This just happened with me on a Sentra that I sold, it took 2 weeks to hear back from a dealer on the east coast! I finally got the car though:)

16. Mar 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Just an update but I spoke with my salesman yesterday and told him I was leaning toward just flying to Pennsylvania and buying the other similar truck (mentioned earlier in this thread) and inquired about getting my deposit back. He asked me to give him two more days to try to work on getting me the truck. I told him that was fine but I told him "today is day #1" (as this was about 11 am yesterday) "So I will give you at least until end of business Thursday.

Well about 3:00 PM today I had a call from him and I was busy working, he sounded excited on the voice mail and told me to call him back and that he had my truck for me! I called him back and he said he had to get his GM/Owner to call and get it as they wouldn't return calls from anyone else apparently and the GM came into his office just a short time later and said the truck is mine! They say it will be at "depot" (What does this mean? I was too excited to ask.) on Monday and they will distribute from there. He said depending on the logistics of the delivery trucks coming from the distribution center I could have my truck as early as mid week next week or it could be later in April all depending on how the transfer trucks were running.

At either rate, I'm not impatient about getting it, just glad that I know its mine.

Now I have to call Al [FONT=&quot]DePaolo[/FONT] at the Pennsylvania dealership and I must admit that I wished I had worked with him the whole time. Granted flying up there and driving it home (nearly 1k miles) would have been a bit of a hassle, but he is by far one of the best salesmen in any environment that I've ever dealt with! I greatly recommend him to anyone in his surrounding area!

17. Mar 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    wcm608

wcm608 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Impulse Red
    Al was the salesman I dealt with. He was also nice in person.

18. Mar 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:

He seems like a great guy and has excellent follow-up skills. They were actually about $1k cheaper than my local dealer but I was already under contract so it would have cost me $500 + flight up there and drive back to back out of it so I stuck with the locals.

19. Mar 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    pauldotcom

pauldotcom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Quad Cab
    OEM Roof Rack, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75", Rear 1" block, TRD 17' Wheels
    I bought my first 2nd gen Tacoma in 2008 and settled for what the dealership had. I traded it in about a month ago for what I wanted. Wait.....

Products Discussed in

To Top