1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show me your shell!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Oscar 319, Aug 28, 2008.

1. DarrylZ

DarrylZ Member

Member:
    Howell NJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Cap
    On my Leer 100XL, it stayed there. The cap is actually made such that it has a small "lip" on the outer edge that hides the edge of the plastic. You can't tell it's still there.

2. MDTRDK9

MDTRDK9 Member

Member:
    Baltimore
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pyrite
    I bought a centurian shell about a year ago, and have used the crap out of it. I purchased mine through truck-n-america and they had a deal with Thule going on at the time of my purchase. So needless to say i got the shell with the roof rack installed for the factory. My shell has the screw out rear side windows and sliding front glass to match up with the double cabs sliding glass. The shell is very good quality and shows no exposed hinges as well as the thing is insulated through-out. The color from the factory on the shell matches really well too. good luck and remember you get what you pay for.

IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg

3. GuapOh

GuapOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 MT
    Skid Plate, Hood Protector, Wheel Locks, Snugtop XV, Yakima Rack, Weathertechs, Sick Speed Shifter, Avid Bumper, Avid Sliders, Bilstien 5100's, TSB Spring packs
  4. Mtlgrlie

Mtlgrlie Active Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 Toyota Tacoma Silver DCSB
    My new cap. Love it.

A.R.E. cap, Yakima Racks, Yakima loadwarrior, and Yakima rocket box. I've had the rocket box forever. Right now the bed (with a bedrug) is being used as a mobile kennel. 2 old labs and a 9 month old Potcake pup.

[​IMG]
    Yeti ready for travel by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Yeti ready to travel 2 by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

5. BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Sold Taco...bought pyrite mica tundra 2x cab
    Wow...many!
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Leer XQ and the 100R? Aside from the obvious difference in glass! They both offer the exact same options but look like the same product with different glass and a $800-$1000 price difference! Also is there anyone here experienced enough to tell me the difference between the legend and 100R?

6. smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CR
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Silver 10 Trd Sport DC 6spd
    Satoshi grille, ARE cap, Rubber Bed mat, TRD Quick-shifter, N-Fab step rails, Wet Okoles seat covers, Husky Floor Mats, Stubby antenna, AFE Pro dry Filter, Thule rack w/ Cargo box, Sportz SUV Tent, Custom fit Air Mattress for Bed, TRD cat-back exhaust, de-badged and Sockmonkey'd. Hella Black Magic 500s, Toytec ULK, Dakar OME leafs, LR Uca's.
    NIce truck.......mine also transports 2 old labs (rubber bed mat)

7. ruslanus

ruslanus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rus
    Wasilla, AK
    Rear diff breather relocate, CB, weather tech floor mats, rain guards EGR, DTRL stealth mode switch, removed mud flaps, SnugTop Rebel camper shell, Airflow America snorkel
  8. gptoy

gptoy Taco Shopping

Member:
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tundra DC TRD 5.7L
    JVC-KW AVX720-Hertz EP2-JL 10"-Custom Box, Parrot 3200LS, Wilson Cell Booster, LEER 100R
    I'm no pro on the XQ but it may be a bit of the shell as well as the glass. Don't quote me on that. The XQ didn't interest me enough to dig too far.

I can help on the Legend/100R. When I bought my 100R last year I asked the same question to the dealer, they're basically the same thing, but the 100R gets better warranty, the Legend's warranty is short, therefore cheaper. I think you can get all the same options though. Apparantly Raider caps are the same company, the Vagabond is the same as the 100R, I'd shop for both and buy the cheapest if it's on your list.

9. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Get the 100RCC

10. THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    agreed it would be pointless... unless youre like SFA and all rock crawlered out... even then....

11. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!
    Thanks very much for the insight as well as the recomendation from OZ. I do like the 100RCC and actually just sold a 100R because it didn't fit my truck correctly. Bought it used though. I also just scored an XQ for CHEAP!!! I have heard a bunch of nightmares pertaining to those models so I think I will just use it for now and then order the RCC the way I want it to be. Not to mention that if I am unhappy with the fit.....I can then bitch till it is made right! The thing that I liked/needed from the XQ was the pop out side windows but apparently that can be done with all models? Also...the used XQ is red and my truck is blue! I see paintwork in my future!

12. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!
    This is exactly what I would like my truck to look like! I am definitely getting those wheels but might send them out for a black chrome coating!

13. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!

This is what my truck will look like though!

14. Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    I like 'em shiny. The shinier the better! One thing about these wheels is that they just baaaaarely clear the calipers. Don't get me wrong, they do clear with no issues, but you couldn't squeeze a fart between them.

15. OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    What was the issue with the fit of your 100R ?

I don't think pop out windows are an option for the 100RCC

16. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!
    Part of the problem was as if it was for a different truck although I know it wasn't as it wouldn't fit on anything else. Properly installed.....it stuck out about 3 inches beyond the rear. I made sure a number of times that it was as forward as it could get. The other problem was if you looked down the side of the bed, the topper literally flared out at least 3 inches and didn't sit flush or even close to the body line. Maybe it was normal but I would like a much better fit.
    If the windows cannot be ordered to pop out, I may have to see what can be done by myself to make it happen or I just might be stuck with the XQ. I do need racks up above and would definitely get a reinforced topper such as the RCC but to be honest...I may only use it 3 to 4 times a year so .....I am going to have to figure this out.

17. OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Interesting .

Why do you need / want pop out windows vs sliders / windoors ?

18. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!
    Kind of for the same reason you discussed on the previous page with skidooman. I need access to certain tools/material that will be easier to get to with the pop out windows. A utility bed would be the easiest plan but the truck will only be used for work only 1-2 weeks out of the month. Therefore I want to try my hardest to keep it looking like a normal passenger vehicle. And thanks to you....I will always make sure not to go near the truck with the belt on!

19. OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    So you want windoors then not the XQ style pop out windows

[​IMG]

20. BRYLONATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    El Conquistador
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Wow...many!
    Yes......sorry I quoted incorrectly. The XQ I purchased has the windoors and this is what I need on a 100RCC. Glad to have wasted everyones time stating the wrong terminology! Sorry:rolleyes: But now that I can ask the correct question....do you know if the windoors are available on the 100RCC?

To Top