1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show off your Gaming area or Desk

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by tattooedsnake, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:00 AM
    Frankenstuff

Frankenstuff Busy iracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    16TRDORDCsb 4x4 & 2020 BMW M2 competition
    16 trd ORdcsb4x4 c4 swingout rear, cbi t3 front , arb lift,16"grabber x3 rtt, hilift,jerry cans,and sliders . 81 hilux trail donkey
    Set it up get some enjoyment out of it.

2. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:03 AM
    Key-Rei

Key-Rei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 6Spd 4x4 209BSM
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.

You still satisfied with that G9?

3. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:09 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    16 trd ORdcsb4x4 c4 swingout rear, cbi t3 front , arb lift,16"grabber x3 rtt, hilift,jerry cans,and sliders . 81 hilux trail donkey
    Yeah I love it and have had zero issues with it . I got it in early February though so I would have preferred to get the new neo g9 but that's how it goes. As soon as you buy something they come out with some new tech. I just finished my carbon fiber mouse mount and am finishing a swing in keyboard mount next week .

20210918_101917.jpg

20210918_102032.jpg

Key-Rei[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:18 AM
    Key-Rei

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.

You done any VR sim racing?

Wondering if I should just get a G7, an Ultrawide or a Super Ultra like the G9 but I already have a Valve Index.

I need a monitor though, I have a pretty decent Dell 144hz GSync 27" 1440p but it's a TN and the white wash and gray blacks is killing me.

I used to game on a VA but it's not compatible with the new gen cards and I lost the 100hz OC'ing, (dropped to 60hz) and wouldn't overclock when I went to Win10 anyways.

5. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:23 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    Nope never tried vr for racing or gaming on my setup. I've always been happy with a monitor . My son does have a quest 2 but I've only tinkered with it . To be honest I'm just not into it .

6. Sep 19, 2021 at 2:51 AM
    Key-Rei

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    VR is still in its infancy, if you're not using high end equipment then the experience will not be great. It's definitely a niche hobby but what little time I have spent with my Index I have loved every minute of.

Just haven't tired used it for pancake games, maybe I should see if it works with some sims.

Frankenstuff[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:08 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    I've been planning to try it for racing just haven't yet .

Key-Rei[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:09 AM
    Key-Rei

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Let me know how it goes if you do!

Do you VR often?

9. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:23 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    No it's my son's. He doesn't use it much . I wish he did he asked for it for a long time lol . What do you play in vr ? Any recommendations?

10. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:34 AM
    Key-Rei

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    So far just Beat Saber, and Alyx really. I messed around in VRC and 3H but don't have much time in them.

My 1080 was struggling so decided to wait till I got a GPU upgrade before really commiting to VR more now that I have one I don't have the time!

My biggest issue is it gets too damn hot in the room to play so come cold weather I'll pick it back up.

11. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:38 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    Yeah alyx was going to be the next one . I'll check it out . Thanks man. Me too with the time thing . I don't usually get the time I want for practice and races .

12. Sep 19, 2021 at 5:04 AM
    Key-Rei

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Alyx is pretty awesome.

It really redefines "First Person Shooter". In a normal shoot em up FPS game you can walk into a room with 20 enemies and just hide behind a box and then pop up and blast them all systematically, it can become mundane.

Alyx removes that security the world is set to where you can't always make choke points and enemies can come from any and all angles.

Even just three can be a serious issue to deal with when you have to reach behind you to pull out a fresh magazine and manually get it to fit into the feed ramp of the pistol and rack the slide without dropping anything.

Or loading individually shotgun shells manually reaction time and coordination becomes so much more critical and you reached heightened panic states and start fumbling and freaking out it's fantastic.

The first time I died I had to sit out for a while and just be like...

Damn, wow.

I also spent like 2 hours drawing dicks on the window with the dry erase markers and watching the liquid in bottles slosh as I tilted them.

https://youtu.be/R3g9jrqjOZs

It's fun when you can interact with so much of the world.

Like have you ever wanted to just barely peek around the corner with one eye?

How about lay down on the ground to look under the crack in a door?

What about climbing on top of box to see over a wall?

You can physically do all that all that!

The real world impacts the virtual and with the Valve Knuckle controllers you can even talk in ASL.

I kind of cheat sometimes by keeping a stool with me that I can climb on top of and the game registers as my height being taller and that allows me to see over things that I as a short person wouldn't normally be able to, I consider it acceptable as in the real world I could easily and quickly find something to stand on if I needed to so why not in game? Especially when there's world filling assets like milk crates to be found.

VR may be in it's infancy but there's not doubt in my mind it's the way of the future.

It can be startling and disorienting when you lose your sense of position and reach out for something in game and touch something like a wall in real life.

...Or your roommate who snuck into your play area, Jesus fucking Christ I nearly had a panic attack when I reached out and grabbed something that grabbed back.

:rofl:

I have a 3'x4' mat that I put a strip of grip tape on one edge to locate "north" when the HMD is on and I'm blind to the real world.

13. Sep 19, 2021 at 9:52 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Ideally but I have a small house and limited room plus I would rather have the money, it's more than I really have use for

14. Sep 19, 2021 at 9:58 AM
    barf

barf Petter of Dogs

Member:
    First Name:
    Barf
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2019 m/t TRD OR DCSB
    OME Lift Viper Cut
    Work desk looks much cleaner with the g9 instead of 3 smaller monitors.

2D9A392F-041C-44BA-B921-5481B3C62B27.jpg

PzTank likes this.
  15. Sep 19, 2021 at 4:19 PM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    It's just a shame to hide the back of a g9 but I do it too.

barf[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Oct 4, 2021 at 12:03 PM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    Ok I finished the setup finally well kind of I made the mouse tray and keyboard tray out of carbon fiber need to mount the keyboard tray when I get home but here is my homemade sim rig . It turned out better than I hoped for .

20211002_075602.jpg
    20211002_080004.jpg
    20211002_080155.jpg

PzTank, tattooedsnake[OP] and barf like this.
  17. Oct 5, 2021 at 4:04 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Only two pedals? For shame.

Frankenstuff likes this.
  18. Oct 6, 2021 at 7:55 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    The clutch can definitely come in handy even if using the paddle shifters. I usually drive 2 footed especially when rally racing. Don't really need the clutch after the start, except on hair pins or to control a slide.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  19. Oct 6, 2021 at 8:05 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Awesome build!! I like the keyboard and mouse on the side of you. I can't go that dedicated with my PC yet, but I built my desk with a notch cutout for the wheel stand to fit into comfortably. When the wheel isn't in place, the notch fits my secret lab chair arms.

20. Oct 7, 2021 at 6:09 AM
    Frankenstuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Vehicle:
    It is convenient having it there while racing . The best part is the ability to swing it directly in front . It's a hell of a pc to be just racing with . I had to make it more universal .

You have to two foot drive . Can't leave all that time and control on the table . I got podium (3rd) last weekend was happy with that.
    Next up is mounting a handbrake and sequential followed by a clutch . Probably give it a few months . I just want to enjoy it for a bit . And I do enjoy how clean and uncluttered it is for now .

Products Discussed in

To Top