1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by godofspeed, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    3" lift, custom rims, snug top shell, shrockworks bumper, warn winch.
    Looking good Robbie!

2. toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Looks like a good ride. The truck looks good loaded with bikes!!

3. teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4X4 Nautical Blue
    Check out my Build
    Lake placid, the hardy trails. It's really Wilmington just down the road from whiteface. Lot of nice trails up there!

4. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Checking to see how far Lake Placid is for me. I want to hit up Gore Mt as well this riding season.

5. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been through a ton of different truck truck/bike hauling setups starting with welding up my own and this is very functional and leaves the entire bed space for semi-dry storage under the BakFlip. I can have the rack and cover off in 5 minutes and ready to haul dirtbike or firewood etc.
    One last pic with yours truly rocking the ghey, please don't shoot me I'm notta deer orange jersey.
    [​IMG]

6. misterdmac

misterdmac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doostin
    In or around the truck
    Vehicle:
    '97 2.7L DLX
    Real shit photo but here's my '12 Santa Cruz Tallboy. I could not recommend this frame highly enough to anyone thinking about a new bike, especially if you're going to 29". Dream to ride.

[​IMG]

7. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Aaron that is an awesome setup. I need to come up with something. Right now I have the Thule 3 bike rack that hooks into the tow hitch. I am going to start riding with groups greater then 3 riders so I will have to come up with something. I want a bed cover as well so I will have to check out the bakflip. I like the out of sight security it would provide. I like the thought of welding my own bike rack as well. So many ideas right now

8. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    That Tallboy is sick as hell!
    Closer pics of my setup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Those bakflips start at $900......:eek:

10. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    I have the Fibermax and I think I paid between 600-700$ iirc.

Edit: I ordered at Truckaddons.com and dealt with Scott Nauman and he was great. Fast shipping.

11. TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    Sorry I missed the Berryman, but I had a great ride at Greensfelder on Sunday! There was a trail run or something on Saturday, and they were kind enough to blow leaves off several sections of trail.

Almost launched into an uphill rider's chest at one point. There's a fast downhill with a root drop that is a blast to launch off of, and going up it you have to crank pretty hard to keep enough momentum to make it up the roots. The tree providing the roots was blocking the sight line, and some dude was cranking up the hill focused on the roots. I saw him at the last second and diverted. Ruined my fun, but probably not as much as crashing my front tire into his chest would have been.

12. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Damn Rich, I'm glad the crisis was averted! Keep me posted on Syllamo.
    The only drawback I've noticed with above bed bike transport is worrying about low clearance issues, garage etc. I hang a red ribbon down in front of opener button to avoid the crunch.
    Eddie, are those Thule sidearms your running?

13. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I just left an outdoor store to price thule and yakima racks. I think I am going to hit up the EMS near me since they were going to install it for free and I think they might be able to give me 25% off. Great deal.....

14. Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    Some seriously nice bikes.:drool:

15. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That they are, I am going to get into DH next year.

16. ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Anyone see this yet? All new SC V10c...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm afraid to ask how much.

17. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    $8000 and the front shock is 10 inch of travel.......:eek:

18. TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    WOW. She's beautiful. Kind of overkill unless you are a racer or just made of money. For a solid downhill bike at a reasonable price, I would look at the Specialized Status II. MSRP at $3300 is a great deal.

19. STiLL WILL

STiLL WILL MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt [again, not WILL]
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma T|X Pro TRD Supercharged 4wd 6MT
    All kinds of badass shit. Click on the link in my signature to see.
    The pricing for the DHX RC4 equipped '13 V10 is still a reasonable $3500 for frame only. Not bad for a podium proven frame. Shaving 1.5lbs from the outgoing '12 frame w/aluminum triangle is just the cherry on top. IIRC the frame only Specialized Demo 8 carbon lists at $4000.

Some people are skeptical on what strength has been sacrificed from shaving the 700 grams, but I'm certain 90% of riders who do get their hands on a 2013 V10 will never subject it to the abuse the Syndicate riders have been all season while testing.

That said, I might have a medium '12 V10c mint, unbuilt frame w/DHX RC4 Kashima for sale soon. :D

20. ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    You don't have to get it all blinged out ;)

To Top