1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by godofspeed, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Nov 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Sorry I missed the Berryman, but I had a great ride at Greensfelder on Sunday! There was a trail run or something on Saturday, and they were kind enough to blow leaves off several sections of trail.

Almost launched into an uphill rider's chest at one point. There's a fast downhill with a root drop that is a blast to launch off of, and going up it you have to crank pretty hard to keep enough momentum to make it up the roots. The tree providing the roots was blocking the sight line, and some dude was cranking up the hill focused on the roots. I saw him at the last second and diverted. Ruined my fun, but probably not as much as crashing my front tire into his chest would have been.

2. Nov 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Damn Rich, I'm glad the crisis was averted! Keep me posted on Syllamo.
    The only drawback I've noticed with above bed bike transport is worrying about low clearance issues, garage etc. I hang a red ribbon down in front of opener button to avoid the crunch.
    Eddie, are those Thule sidearms your running?

3. Nov 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I just left an outdoor store to price thule and yakima racks. I think I am going to hit up the EMS near me since they were going to install it for free and I think they might be able to give me 25% off. Great deal.....

4. Nov 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    Some seriously nice bikes.:drool:

5. Nov 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    That they are, I am going to get into DH next year.

6. Nov 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Anyone see this yet? All new SC V10c...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm afraid to ask how much.

7. Nov 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    $8000 and the front shock is 10 inch of travel.......:eek:

8. Nov 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    WOW. She's beautiful. Kind of overkill unless you are a racer or just made of money. For a solid downhill bike at a reasonable price, I would look at the Specialized Status II. MSRP at $3300 is a great deal.

9. Nov 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    STiLL WILL

STiLL WILL MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt [again, not WILL]
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Sport 4wd
    Yes, I sold my '13 Taco. :'(
    The pricing for the DHX RC4 equipped '13 V10 is still a reasonable $3500 for frame only. Not bad for a podium proven frame. Shaving 1.5lbs from the outgoing '12 frame w/aluminum triangle is just the cherry on top. IIRC the frame only Specialized Demo 8 carbon lists at $4000.

Some people are skeptical on what strength has been sacrificed from shaving the 700 grams, but I'm certain 90% of riders who do get their hands on a 2013 V10 will never subject it to the abuse the Syndicate riders have been all season while testing.

That said, I might have a medium '12 V10c mint, unbuilt frame w/DHX RC4 Kashima for sale soon. :D

10. Nov 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    You don't have to get it all blinged out ;)

11. Nov 20, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... Just think at $8,000.00 for each bike ... it would take 7 1/2 of those bikes to equal just one of those "$.Hermes Purses.$" (@ $60,000.00 each) that was posted in the "WTF Thread" ... :eek:

Personally, I would take this bike @ $8K and have $52,000.00 and change left ... :D

FWIW ... Today, I was looking at some inexpensive bikes at REI ... something for flat ground with some hills ... for a bike trail that is close to the house.

12. Nov 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    the V10c is my dream DH bikes :drool: especially now that it has the carbon rear swing arm, someday ill have one haha but realistically ill probably get a spec status, its pretty sweet seeing them used by bearclaw and soderstrom at rampage, definitely help proving they can take abuse

13. Nov 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That said, I might have a medium '12 V10c mint, unbuilt frame w/DHX RC4 Kashima for sale soon. :D[/QUOTE]

Keep me in mind. I am def going to get a DH bike in the near future.

14. Nov 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    First Look: Santa Cruz V10 Carbon 2013

On Pink bike as we speak, I havent got to read it yet just saw it but recently I did see that they were going for $8k

15. Nov 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    There is a vid with it as well on PB

16. Nov 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Very informative write up on PB, the vids are informative as well. This bike comes with a lifetime crash replacement:eek:. They are selling me very much on this bike, now to come up with the dough....:eek:

17. Nov 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I didnt know that, good to know. I really hope that I have no issues with my Specialized. I just sold my Cannondale Killer V900 that I bought back in 1995. No issues with that bike at all. Put thousands of miles on that bike. Only had it serviced twice, and it ran like brand new.

18. Nov 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    went on a ride today, got less than a mile in and this happened....i was so pissed, i should have checked it first though because i heard it hitting my derailleur right before and i think i remember it making a very faint sound on saturday. I also didnt realize how expensive chains are! it was going to be $72 to fix it. do any of you guys carry master links with you in case this happens?
    [​IMG]

19. Nov 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.

$72? sounds like alot i paid $40 for my 9spd chain.

20. Nov 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    STiLL WILL

STiLL WILL MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt [again, not WILL]
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Sport 4wd
    Yes, I sold my '13 Taco. :'(
    Keep me in mind. I am def going to get a DH bike in the near future.[/QUOTE]

If you're serious, let me know when you're ready lol. The frame is seriously sitting in my closet. My planned build parts for it are boxed up and being saved for next year for a '13 V10 frame.

I bought the frame 4 months ago for $2750...I'll definitely let it go for WELL under that. Still has the plastic wrap on it.
    PM me ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top