1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show us your FALs

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by copenhagen, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    copenhagen

copenhagen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 SIX SPEED MANUAL AC
    outkast: The ACOGs are mounted with picatinny railed scope mounts. Well, on the SBR at least- on my 18" FAL, the scope mount actually has a cut milled into the ACOG which allows the ACOG to directly bolt onto it in the same fashion which they bolt onto the old style M16 carry handles. This allows it to sit lower and allows the user to still utilize the iron sights because of the hole drilled through the bottom of an ACOG mounting foot. These scope mounts are modified bolt on aluminum dust covers available from DSA. They make a very solid mount. My SBR has a provision for a carry handle because its receiver allows for it, however, my green 18" FAL does not.

SMR: The AAC 762 SD N6 is an excellent choice. Probably one of the best all around rifle cans available at the moment. Its all iconel internals make it very durable, and 30 caliber bore gives it added versatility. Good job. (I went pending on mine in June...;)) I want one because it is rated to handle short barreled .308's.

2. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:30 AM
    copenhagen

copenhagen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 SIX SPEED MANUAL AC
    By the way, here is DSA's link for the scope mount: http://www.dsarms.com/SA58-FAL-Extr...Modified-for-ACOGS-TA620A/productinfo/TA620A/ For what it is worth, if you can get the older style than the one they have pictured (check gun broker, shows, etc) I would. The reason is that the new one does not have slanted sides to conform to the slanted foot of the ACOG like the older one did. At least it doesn't in the pictures. Doesn't look like it would be as stable to me. Of course red locktite and proper torquing will help that.

Products Discussed in

To Top