1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show Us Your Travel Trailer Mod

Discussion in 'Towing' started by campthewestcoast, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Mar 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    campthewestcoast

campthewestcoast [OP] Oceanfisherman

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    Always looking at upgrading my travel trailer, what have you done?

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    campthewestcoast

Member:
    Napa, CA
    Power extend/retract towing mirrors,brake controller,30amp charging system for TT,snug top camper
    I modified my hot water system on my travel trailer, the Attwood 6 gallon hot water heater was OK but ran out of hot water quickly. With my mods, I was able to get 50% more hot water ( to 9 gallons).
    First, I changed the fixed thermostat on the water heater to an adjustable thermostat( Part#A93105) so I could raise the water temperture to 160 degrees. I also installed a new temperture/relief valve for safety.
    Second, I installed an adjustable Honeywell Thermostatic Mixing Valve(Part#AM100-1) that mixes in cold water to temper the water down to a set temperture. About 115 degrees ( I could change the this out going hot water temperture at any time). This upgrade has worked out very well.

3. Mar 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    campthewestcoast

Member:
    Napa, CA
    The next mod I did was upgrade my fresh water system. When hooked up to city water at a campsite all was well. But when I was boondocking and using my fresh water tank with the 12volt water pump I had a problem with pressure going up and down (oscullating) with the pump cycling.
    I installed a Watts PLT-5 exspantion tank (normally used in hot water systems). It has a rubber bladder in it and is precharged at 20 psi. I teed off the outlet side of the pump to hook the water line up to it.
    Now with a pressure on the supply line, the pump cycles on and off evenly
    and I don't get oscullating problem.

4. Mar 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    BrewDawg

BrewDawg Active Member

Member:
    costal and rocky mountains Canada
    Vehicle:
    silver streak access
    classic APACHE hard wall tent trailer..under construction... adding truck camper jacks to stabilize and separate from trailer

IMG_0187.jpg

To Top