1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shutters after ECM and Rear Spring TSBs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by muddog321, May 27, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    muddog321

muddog321 [OP] Member

Member:
    fl
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma doublecab 4wd trd w/e locker
    09 4wd TRD Off road double cab just got the ECM trans reprogram and shifts better and also the 4 leaf rears done. Now when you take off in first at an average acceleration and then when you slow and it downshifts 2nd into 1st again a shutter is felt. Any others have this happen. Dealer rechecked alignmnent to the TSB and ran some diagnostics and all checked out they said - but still the shutter. In fact, at idle, you now feel a slight shake - is it the stiffer springs transmitting the engine harmonics into the cab now or the trans upgrade? The search goes on.

2. May 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    had the TSB done awhile back, just recently had the transmission reflash TSB done.
    Cant say i have had any problems since. Transmission does seem better.
    have they checked the motor mounts?

3. May 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    muddog321

muddog321 [OP] Member

Member:
    fl
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma doublecab 4wd trd w/e locker
    Just saw some posts on Carrier Bearing spacer fixes to driveshaft shutter on raised tacomas so I'll check the torque on the carrier and question the dealer on the driveshaft. But as usual I'll most likely have to install that 1/4" spacer and give it a test as they will not find anything.

To Top