1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

side mirrors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fjrmurph, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Sep 4, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    fjrmurph

fjrmurph [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I hate my side mirrors, has anyone found anything better than the stock mirrors. If i want to set them up so can use them for changeing lanes, i can't see behind the truck, i like to be able to see behind the truck especially when i'm pulling a trailer. If i set them up so i can see behind the truck i have a huge blind spot on my right or left when i am looking to change lanes, i have had a few close calls. I have a cap so the side mirrors are just about all i use.

2. Sep 4, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I just put some of those round blind spot mirrors in the bottom outside corner of both of my mirrors so I don't have to turn my head around to see my blind spot. It helps a lot. I don't know about when towing a trailer though, haven't done that with my truck yet.

3. Sep 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    They make those huge ugly Mirrors that strap on for towing.I don't know of any other mirrors for the Tacoma. Someone put the 2010 4runner mirrors on a tacoma. The base stayed the same,he just swapped the top half

4. Sep 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    I shoulder check to see my blind spots...

I also have a cap, and the inside center mirror is almost useless. And I have never had a close call *knock on wood*.

5. Sep 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings,... oh and the hot wife mod.
    That's what I've always done but I barely stopped in time the other day when as soon as I glanced over my shoulder the gal in front of me, on her cell phone, decided she needed to panic stop in traffic when a normal stop would have been fine.

I stopped but it got me thinking ..

Do those little round mirrors work well?

6. Sep 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    10 DC Silver TRD Sport 4x4
    Undercover tonneau, Scangauge II, Garmin GPS, Michelin LTX M/S2
    They Work fine for me, when changing lanes, also when backing up so I can see the rear qtrs

7. Sep 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I love having them on there. Haven't had a close call since I installed them, whereas before I almost cut people off constantly :facepalm:. I was too used to my 89 4Runner which is so small compared to the Taco it was like driving a Honda hatchback. It also helps when parking because you can see the lines for your space to make sure you are in the center.

I wish we had something like my 08 4Runner, it has these mirrors in the cargo area you can see in center rearview mirror that cover your blind spots. Very intuitive design by Toyota.

8. Sep 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport longbed
    weathertech visors,remote start,lojack, ARE z type topper, wet okole seat covers, pop n lock tailgate lock
    another vote for the spots. had em on my jeep too

9. Sep 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    shawnd2

shawnd2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    There's a thread somewhere (here or on tundra solutions) where a guy put on mirrors from a dodge ram ( the ones that rotate 90degs for towing, then can be flipped back for normal use).
    They appeared to be fairly easy to modify to fit and are power and heated to boot.

Edit: Here is the link for the thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/towing/22244-my-towing-mirrors.html

If you actually do a search, there are a few threads on this already.

Shawn

To Top