1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sierra Toyota Service Dept. and TSB

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by 050309TRDSport, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Sep 11, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    050309TRDSport

050309TRDSport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Westin Bull Bar, Debadged
    I am going to cross the country soon with a full load of family and lots of luggage. I researched the suspension TSB. I took a trip up to Phoenix for the Labor Day weekend and I tried to focus on the rear suspension and the "harsh" ride. Part of the trip to Phoenix included picking up a C/L deal on a bed cover. The fiberglass cover felt like it was 200 lbs. but between us (wife, daughter, and myself), the luggage, and the bed cover the rear suspension was a little sluggish. When I got home, I went into my nearest Toyota Dealership and told them my findings. They said "no problem" and they put together the work order. They called me today to tell me that the springs were ordered and would be in next week sometime. Once the springs are in I can set up an appointment for the install. Good Customer Service goes a long way. Thanks Notty for the advice.

2. Sep 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Glad they helped you out. I love my truck with the TSB, feels a lot better imo.

3. Sep 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    That's awesome dude! Like I told ya, I have never dealt with a dealer that has better customer service then Sierra Toyota! Anybody in AZ looking for dealer work to be done, I am telling you it's worth the drive to Sierra Vista!

On a side note, are you moving cross country or going on vacation?

4. Sep 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Cool stuff, nice to hear, maybe they could do seminars for the rest of the lame ass chimpy weasel ass dealers that wanna fight & deny.

5. Sep 29, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    YumaTRD

YumaTRD The Church Of @ODNAREM San Diego Chapter 1904

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    El Cajon, CA
    Vehicle:
    Solid Axle Yota
    Locked, Flat bed, 22R 5 speed, BFG KO2's
    I got denied the TSB at the dealership here in Yuma because i had a spacer lift already installed in the front. I was then recomended to go to Camelback toyota in phoenix. They also denied the TSB:annoyed:.
    its great to hear that you got it with no trouble at all. I already ordered a set of Add a Leafs for my truck. wish I would have known about this dealership two months ago.

6. Oct 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM
    050309TRDSport

050309TRDSport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Westin Bull Bar, Debadged
    Sorry to hear about your TSB rejected and all. I got mine done a couple of weeks ago and I love the new ride. It feels like a truck now and I have a reason to put 5100's on the front to level it out. I was very impressed by the customer service at Sierra Toyota. It surprised me because usually service in and around military installations is not very good. Sort of the whole "if we don't get your money, some young Private will come in right behind you."

7. Dec 14, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    XD_TACO

XD_TACO AZ JEDI MASTER

Member:
    First Name:
    MARSHALL
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    AFE STAGE II INTAKE, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, COOPER DISCOVER STT 265'S, LIMO TINT
    Hey guys,
    today i tried to get answers about the rear leaf tsb. I called one of the local dealers and asked about it. Well they told me that im out of the warranty period and that i'd have to pay out of pocket, i was quoted 120 for the silencer leaf kit. Do you guys know of any help in this matter?
    Thanks again.

8. Dec 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    Where in AZ are you? If you are over the 36k mileage warranty then you may be SOL. Maybe put in a call to Toyota corporate and see if they are willing to help????

9. Dec 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    BOVADS

BOVADS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deavers :D

10. Dec 15, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    More info is needed from you on this matter before we can start giving advice.

What mods do you currently have?

How many miles on the truck?

Just for comparison, I have an 05 with 5100 in the front and 42K on the odometer but I have the platinum warranty with $0 deductible.

I went into the dealer and they denied the work, and my service guy said he couldn't tell me why because Toyota didn't tell him. I then called Toyota and told them that my truck was hitting the bump stops when I went over a normal bump at a normal speed with 4 passengers in the cab. The rep said yep those springs have mechanically failed and it's covered under my agreement. He said to have the dealer order the parts and now it's at the shop getting the new 4 pack put on.

YumaTRD:
    The spacers don't matter, it's not the front they are working on but the back. If it makes that big a deal, take them off and go back down there or call Toyota and tell them the dealer is on crack to think spacers would make the rear of the truck ride harsh. Besides you know you want to get the 5100 on there anyways man :)

11. Dec 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Just got back from picking up my truck and getting the TSB done. This has made a world of difference in the ride and stability. If anyone is on the fence about getting this done do it!

12. Dec 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    XD_TACO

XD_TACO AZ JEDI MASTER

Member:
    First Name:
    MARSHALL
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    AFE STAGE II INTAKE, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, COOPER DISCOVER STT 265'S, LIMO TINT
    its a 07 tacoma. Mods are intake,exhaust. Nothing done to the suspension. I didnt purchase no ext.warranty. Im around 59k on it. So i think im sol. But i could just buy the parts and get them installed elsewhere from the dealer. But thanks for the help.

Products Discussed in

To Top