1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sig p225 owners?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by kingston73, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Jul 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I went and did it, bought one from an online auction and should be getting it either tomorrow or the day after. I'm not expecting a great condition, but I got a great price so I'll be happy if it's at least 75%. As for grips, depending on their condition I'll replace them. I found several sites with rubber wrap-around grips, a couple makers of wood grips, and replacement OEM plastics.

Any of you have a favorite grip? I've found some reviews that said the rubber grip was great, but a few others said it's too wide and the rubber is uncomfortable. For the wood grips, I've found the same conflicting opinions, some really like them and others say they're cheap and poorly made.

2. Jul 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    I have a set of Hogue grips on my P229 and I am very satisfied!

3. Jul 28, 2010 at 2:08 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Hogue grips are so sticky I found they were ripping the liner out of my jacket. I went back to wooden checkered panels on my Commander, then added skateboard tape on the frontstrap (poor man's checkering).

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I finally got it delivered and cleaned it up today. Haven't been to shoot it yet, that'll hopefully be tomorrow. It wasn't exactly what I thought I'd get, it came with the Pachmayr grips instead of the factory ones, but it's a real P225, not a P6 and the trigger isn't nearly as bad as I expected. The first picture is the one the auction had, the next two are what I actually have in hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rubber grips feel good but I don't have anything to compare them to, anybody have experience with both?

5. Aug 16, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    To go along with the gun, I bought a holster from a place named Lobo Gun Leather. Ray Cory offers high quality and a very good price and excellent turn around time. Here are a couple pictures of what I bought for the Sig, the belt and holster in black totaled only $100, shipping included. Here's his site, and no, I don't work for him or know anybody else who does:

http://www.lobogunleather.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nov 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    azgunrunner

azgunrunner A guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy...

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Sport
    ADS 2.5, Dakar leaf springs KMF sliders CBI Ditch light mounts, DD SS3 pods Bumpers pending OBA pending
    I own about 6 different Sig pistols and 4 rifles. All of them are fantastic firearms. They are pricey but I have pure faith in them to perform when I need it. Can't go wrong with a Sig.

7. Jan 2, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Thought I'd update on the 225 now that I've had some time to get some rounds through it. If any of you are thinking about getting one, DO IT! It's a great gun, perfect size for my hands at least and zero problems. If you read online many people are worried this won't shoot hollowpoints but mine at least hasn't had an issue with that. I think the trick might be having new springs in, I bought a brand new sig mag and it fed everything perfectly, but the original mag had trouble with one type of hollowpoint.

I've shot it now with both the OEM plastic grips and the rubber Pachmayr ones and I've decided I like the rubber better. It increases the grip diameter a little and makes it a little more difficult to get to the decocker but it also feels better and I shoot better with them.

8. Aug 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm bringing back my own thread from the dead. Back when I bought this there seemed to be a ton of p225's and p6's online and cheap. I was curious to see if the prices have dropped any and the only one's I can find now are in the five to eight hundred dollar range. If you still want one and find one for under four hundred I'd say get it now, seems like they are drying up.

9. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I love my p239.

10. Aug 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    redes

redes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Offroad
    double car seat mod
    I had one of the German Police p225s for a while. Fantastic gun. I Let it go because I tend to get wanderlust from time to time...that and w/ 8+1, I could carry a more with some other toys here in TX.

Products Discussed in

To Top