1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sign of bad economy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I went to a Toyota dealership to day and I noticed that they had 8 used d/c trucks and 5 used a/c trucks all with under 18,000 miles on them for sale.They were all 2007-2009 trucks. I asked the guy on the lot why so many and he said most of them were repo's and a couple were just turned in w/the keys because they could not afford them. He took me to the back lat where their is a single yard enclosed by bob wired fencing. They had 7 more trucks back their as well. I'm sure am glad I paid off my truck 2 years ago.

2. Mar 5, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    TheTacoManChach

TheTacoManChach I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fayetteville, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Halo Headlights Black W/ LED LED TailLights Bermuda 3rd Brake Black Pioneer/Alpine System Debadge Entire Rebadge Driver Side Door Black Volant CAI Tool Box ARB Front Bumper Flat Black Painted Grill Surround
    And for those of us with steady pay checks...
    GO BUY ONE NOW!!!

3. Mar 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I was reading in the paper yesterday that Toyota published its 1st net loss in 50 years. They also had to ask their government to barrow 2 billion dollars. They had a 40% decline in sales. I think you would have the upper hand in negotiations right now. I'm going to wait untill the 2010's come out and get a good deal on a 2009 thats been left on the lot.

4. Mar 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    TheTacoManChach

TheTacoManChach I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fayetteville, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Halo Headlights Black W/ LED LED TailLights Bermuda 3rd Brake Black Pioneer/Alpine System Debadge Entire Rebadge Driver Side Door Black Volant CAI Tool Box ARB Front Bumper Flat Black Painted Grill Surround
    i just bought mine in jan and im a first time buyer

500 down
    a 3k for a car worth 500 dollars
    and 4k off the sticker
    Ya now whose the stealer :)

5. Mar 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    That's why Japan was in a decade long recession in the 1990's because they kept bailing out companies in trouble and here they are doing it again. Prepare for the worst because that's absolutely what's happening here, too.

Products Discussed in

To Top