1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Silva vs GSP what do you guys think

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nick Sells, Feb 6, 2011.

?

Who do you think will win

Poll closed May 7, 2011.
  1. Silva

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. GSP

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. They will collide and the Earth will split down the middle killing us all

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:10 AM
    Nick Sells

Nick Sells [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elgin, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    thanks, thats what i thought it meant[/QUOTE]
    I trained at Throwdown Elite Training Center before it became Victory MMA in San Diego were Jeremy Stevens fights out of were they have Tony Palafox and Dean lister among others like Diego Sanchez sorry probly starting to sound like a douche with the name dropping but the point is I know a little also and off topic it's awesome seeing your old trainers cornering UFC fighters.

Sorry quoted the wrong person I was trying to quote sierrahsky.

2. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    buck

buck Don't sweat the petty - pet the sweaty

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    15 DC V6 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    High-flow coconut smiley-face air freshener.
    First off, Dana has not confirmed anything about them fighting. All he said was that if Anderson beats Belfort, and GSP beats Sheilds, then it may be time for this super fight to happen (paraphrase). Both fighters have to agree to it as well.

GSP has been on the record saying that he does not want to move up and down in weight. Once he moves, he'll vacate his title.

I personally think the fight is pointless. Anderson has fought at 170, 185 & 205, and is successful at 185 (obviously). GSP fights at 170 only, and his frame is suited for 170. He could probably make a decent run at 185, but no way at 205. These guys are two different sizes, where would they fight to make it remotely even? At catch weight... but there's no belt there & it still doesn't prove who the best pound for pound fighter is.

Dana White markets hype, he's trying to hype this as the end-all to who the best pound for pound fighter is. If Silva wins, what does it really prove? That a bigger sized great fighter can beat a smaller sized great fighter. What if GSP wins? Then is shows that he is the best pound for pound fighter.

The results are one-sided, and can potentially prove nothing. Sometimes UFC pisses me off because of pulling in ratings based on hype... you know, how Brock got his fast-track to UFC stardom, or the Rampage/Evans greatest fued in history B.S., only to have them kiss and make up after the fight. Jon Jones earned his way to a title match way before Brock should have had a crack. I was so happy to see that Jones is getting a crack at ShoGun.

3. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    Robbierobb

Robbierobb SENIOR MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Avondale,AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5
    A few!
    GSP is bad ass,but Silva is too much for anybody in that weight class!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top