1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by GMIKE, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Aug 18, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    Dirty5Thirty

Dirty5Thirty TW's BAD MF'er Squad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SR5
    Dog hair
    Your amp question was a little confusing

2. Aug 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Shouldn't matter what you use. It should be 4 volts to anything you plug in...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Aug 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Preamps don't really matter that much. Your gain settings on amps are based off of preamp voltage. Only hardcore bass guys really get any benefit. They say its "clearer" sometimes, but I'm pretty sure that's a scam.

4. Aug 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Depending on the type of iPod a Jailbreak can get it working with any adapter. Most docks/adapters will give you the accessory splash screen on the iphone/ipod touch. Jailbreak and download NoaccessorySplash from Cydia and you've regained complete control.

5. Aug 18, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    You can't go wrong with anything Kenwood, Pioneer, or Alpine. I've got a Kenwood KDC-X395 and I love it. It's a little bright at night but only because I havent torn my truck apart again to run it in with the dimmer. It has 4v pre-amps for subs and mid-high range speakers with it's own sub-woofer controls, and internal cross overs. The Ipod usb port is on the front with a designated Ipod button, you can control the Ipod using the Ipod, you don't have to use the deck. It's 22rms but my Kenwood coaxials do not have much trouble keeping up with my subs. I'm very happy with it I've had it almost 3 years and it's still going strong. My .02
    Also if you buy from Crutchfield you get your warrenty and most times free install gear with VERY easy to follow instruction for install. Did my first install in my S10 which is way more aggrivating in 20 minutes including soldering and shrink wrapping everything together.

6. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    GMIKE

GMIKE [OP] aint that some $h!t

Member:
    First Name:
    MIKE
    Carlsbad,CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner trd double cab sr5
    8000k 5% tinted windows debadged
    Well I got an iPod touch 4gen so hopefully it works ok with it.does all units charge the iPod when it's connected or is that somethn a a little extra.hopefully not it be much bettr if they all do

Thanks again for everybodys input

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    if you are hooking it up with the USB is should charge.

8. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    GMIKE

GMIKE [OP] aint that some $h!t

Member:
    First Name:
    MIKE
    Carlsbad,CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner trd double cab sr5
    8000k 5% tinted windows debadged
    Thanks man sure have been a big help

9. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Hah no problem...if I had the money right now id be gettin a touch screen dvd reciever for my truck and could have sold you my kenwood deck, with the mounting hardware and harness and everything...bad timing tho..good luck on it the install. its super easy.

10. Aug 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    The Kenwood KDCX395 I reccomended will work with a 4th gen touch, it charges my 1st gen when hooked up to usb when the radio is on. If the hu is off, however, it will not charge. And it's free, I wouldn't buy a hu if the company wanted to charge you extra money to make it charge your Ipod. I wouldn't deal with them at all super shady.

11. Aug 26, 2011 at 1:18 AM
    arvizu9618

arvizu9618 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RT
    PHX AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 D-Cab SPORT SB
    Map/Dome Light on same time, Beep onLock, Anytime DTRL's, Fog Light on any time, Cockpit lights in footwells, night light in cup holder and rear of console, Radio ON w/ ignition off (off with timer), 3157 socket for rear turn signals (BRIGHTER), Reverse Light Mod, Tap light in console and engine bay, removed screen prior to MAP sensor, Blacked out lower valance, badges, center caps and door handles, Added door sill plates, JVC-KDHDR50 Head unit (HD Baby), Tinted exterior lights, Borla Exhaust.
    Best stereo I've ever owned (BOLD STATEMENT), Got one in my IROC-Z too

JVC KD-HDR50

Product Description The built-in HD Radio on JVC's KD-HDR50 offers a multitude of programming in premium digital sound and an iTunes Tagging feature, which lets you "tag" songs playing on the radio, so you can purchase later from the iTunes store. The front USB port lets you easily play songs from iPod/iPhone and other USB devices, and the 2-way control for iPod/iPhone lets you operate directly from iPod/iPhone or on the headunit itself. Enjoy superior sound with a MOS-FET power amp and 24-bit DAC. And thanks to the Variable-Color Illumination, you can select from 30 existing colors or mix your own to give it the look you want. Other features include front AUX-IN and a 7-band parametric iEQ. Add Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology, SAT Radio, or a CD Changer to take it to the next level. [​IMG] An easy-to-use HD Radio receiver with a bundle of modern features. Click to enlarge.
    [​IMG] Front panel auxiliary input for external audio devices and USB for music streaming/iPod connection.
    [​IMG] Control your iPod from the receiver or the device itself, and tag songs from HD radio for later iTunes purchase.
    [​IMG] Includes full-featured wireless remote. Click to enlarge.

12. Aug 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    txtrd

txtrd Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Somewhere Down In TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road
    K&N drop in filter, nerf bars, alarm & remote start with 2-way paging
    I just bought the Kenwood KDC-X895. I'm a big fan of KWs. I like the 3-line text display for searching music from the ipod or flashdrive and the easy/speedy search features. Front USB and AUX input, remote, detatchable face, and 3 sets of 4v preouts. I got it off eBay new for $169.50 shipped. A bargain in my book even if you aren't planning on using the BT just yet. You might try the BT and decide you don't know how you ever lived without it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top