1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sinus surgery in 2 weeks....

Discussion in 'Health' started by tacomaman06, May 11, 2011.

1. May 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    An ex of mine had the surgery before we met and she swore by the results.

Recently a coworker had the same surgery and it's done wonders for him. He was sick for the better part of 2 years before they finally decided to work on his sinuses. Since the surgery he's been completely healthy. Night and day difference for him!

Good luck with the surgery, Will!

2. May 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Good luck Will

3. May 12, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    Ez2typethis

Ez2typethis Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sport
    Suspension -LSK Uniball Uper Control Arms -LSK Uniball Lower Control Arms -Camburg Performance Spindles -ECGS Needle Bearing Installed -Archive Garage Hammer Hangers -Archive Garage 3.6” Shackles -Archive Garage Hanger Cross Tube -Icon 2.5 CDC Extended Travel Coilovers -Icon 14" 700 pound coils -Icon 2.5 CDC RXT Shocks -Icon 2.0 Hydraulic Bump Stops *Bolt On Bump Stop Mount -Wheelers Front Super Bumps Armor -At The Helm Front Bumper -At The Helm Rear Bumper -At The Helm Rear Swing Out -RCI Sliders -RCI Engine Skid Plate -RCI Transfer Case Skid Plate -RCI Transmission Skid Plate -RCI Fuel Tank Skid Plate -Prinsu Designs Top Rack -Prinsu Designs Cab Rack Lights -Black Head Light Mod -OEM TRD Pro Tail Lights -MESO LED Turn Signals -Morimoto HID Headlight Kit -Caliraised LED 40” Slimline -Caliraised LED 20” Slimline -Caliraised LED Amber Pods -Caliraised LED Wide Ditch Lights -Caliraised LED Flush Mount Pods -LED High Beams -LED Dome Lights -LED Back-Up Lights -LED License Plate Lights Miscellaneous -OVtuned2.0 -4.88 gears -ARB twin comp -ARB rear locker -Leer 100XQ Camper Shell -Smitty Built X20 Winch -Warn Fairlead -Warn Sidewinder -Roto Pax 4.5 Gallon Gasoline -Roto Pax 2 Gallon Water -Roto Pax 2 Gallon Gasoline -Weathertech Floor Liners -Double limo tinted -50% tinted windshield -Leather Seats - Installed At Dealer Wheels and Tires -Matte Black Stealth Custom Series Ray 10's (X5) -BFG KO2 285x70r17 // Load Range C (X5)
    Subscribed, let me know how it goes, i've been suffering from jacked up sinuses and horrible allergies for the better part of my life, seemed to get worst when i got my tonsils removed! anyways, i'd really like to know how this turns out. good luck!

4. May 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Your way too young for that kinda shit to be happening.
    Hope it works out for ya.

5. May 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    Bat

Bat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab
    I've had 2 bilateral endoscopic sinus surgeries back in the 90's.At that time, they said a 50/50 chance of fixing the problem( constant sinus infections).Needless to say I must have been one of the other 50 percent cause I still have them as before.Some people swear by them, others get worse.Not trying to scare you just stating fact.
    I now go to an allergist every week for allergy shots but not sure if it's a bunch of BS also. They did do the new surgery, the one with the balloon, on my co-worker and she said she could breathe much better now, but she never had sinus infections like us.
    I'm sure the surgery has gotten more advanced by now, however personally, I would not do it again for me.

6. May 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Appreciate all who have commented. I can say this.....if it helps even half way....I will be glad to have it done. Not being able to breathe ever sucks!

7. May 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Good luck with the Surgery Will! :)

8. May 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    KBToyota

KBToyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Spotsy, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma V6 4X4
    OME 883, 5100 all around, Wheelers 3 leaf progressive aal
    I had polyps removed twice and while they were in there they corrected my septum the first time. The last one i had done was in December. Both times I was surprised how well I felt afterward and how easy the recovery was.
    I also had the MRi done before hand. they have some new guidance system that uses the MRI to ensure they dont get to close to your eyes, optic nerve and other sensitive areas.

Good luck and hope you feel better.

9. May 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Good luck with the surgery Will

10. May 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Good luck Will. I got a sinus infection over the winter, really sucked. Hope this takes care of things for you.

11. May 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    tomorrow is surgery day. looking forward to having this procedure done and being able to breathe!!

Products Discussed in

To Top