1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sirius/XM compatibility

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TacoSox, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Sep 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    TacoSox

TacoSox [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diz
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD SR5 Off Road
    K&N Air Filter, Bug Deflector/Hood Protector, Window Vents, Lamin-x Fog Light Covers
    Does anyone know when we'll be able to use a Sirius subscription through the stock XM antenna? I want to be able to control my sat. radio through the dash controls and get rid of the after market Sirius receiver stuck to my windshield...

2. Sep 20, 2009 at 7:21 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Does anyone know when we'll be able to use a Sirius subscription through the stock XM antenna? Yes as long as you install the radio you currently use. If you will be switching your sub to a new radio there will be a transfer fee.

I want to be able to control my sat. radio through the dash controls and get rid of the after market Sirius receiver stuck to my windshield...

This will not be possible unless you purchase a receiver compatable with the stock radio. Once you do this then you will be able to use the existing controls.

3. Sep 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    TacoSox

Member:
    First Name:
    Diz
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    K&N Air Filter, Bug Deflector/Hood Protector, Window Vents, Lamin-x Fog Light Covers
    Well that sucks, the sirius rep i talked to a few months ago led me to believe that the technologies would eventually be compaible. Thanks for the info.

4. Sep 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
  5. Sep 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    TacoSox

Member:
    First Name:
    Diz
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    i have a Stratus SV3, its pretty old

Products Discussed in

To Top