1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sister's Car Impounded by Police- Can we get it out?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by Fenwick1993, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Jan 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

yeah its probably a different style of dispossessory warrant or other type of action. but i still even wouldnt move the stuff. just move into the room and take it over

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Jan 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Remember... this is a young woman (rather, old child) who is known by every cop in the county.

Who are the cops going to believe?
    Would she even know what her rights are?

3. Jan 17, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 [OP] Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Stonewall Jackson, '96 Xtracab, rebuilt motor
    Full rebuild short of machine work, mean green motherfucker! Lime green block, hand-polished valve cover, and stickers! Too broke for real mods right now. Stonewall is my baby, but he's also a work truck.
    You're right, it was a joke. :laugh:
    I wouldn't really do that to her. I like to avoid confrontation, and all that would do was start a big old fight between us if I moved all of her stuff out and took over. Plus, my room is too small to hold all of her stuff. I couldn't fit half of her belongings in my room. :D
    Not to mention, she'll be back soon, I know it. She can't last very long on her own. Her new BF will be tired of her in a bit and send her packing. Then she'll probably float between her friends' houses for a few days, and then she'll be back.

4. Jan 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    SoCal
    Rear leaf spring tsb 5000 miles, w ac fan 26k miles, windshield creaking 28k miles- not warranty. Bad upper idler pulleys 32k miles- not warranty, Toyota Quality!
    Bingo. Ass only gets one so far.

5. Jan 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Full rebuild short of machine work, mean green motherfucker! Lime green block, hand-polished valve cover, and stickers! Too broke for real mods right now. Stonewall is my baby, but he's also a work truck.
    This!
    He'll get tired of paying shit for her, and her eating up his food and all that good stuff. And he'll realize that she's got him wrapped around her finger. She'll be back. It might be a few days, or it might be a month, but she'll be back.

6. Jun 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    jboudreaux1965

jboudreaux1965 ragin cajun

Member:
    First Name:
    joseph
    abbeville
    Vehicle:
    2006 Pre-Runner TRD Sport
    3" coil-overs, AAL
    as far as the wait to get the car back,my bet is it was the tow company making reasons to hold it to jack up storage fees. my cousin was arrested while driving (not for traffic offense, he had warrants and had a joint on him when pulled over) they towed it, so-say impounded it, it was stored at a local tow yard, he stayed in jail for a year, btw. (he called me when it happened, we are both only childs and like brothers) i called the sheriffs dept and they said it had been impounded but if fees were paid it could be recovered, the catch was the registered owner had to do it, which he obviously could not. so the next day we had papers drawn up and he signed giving me power of attorney, so thought we were ready to go...

called the place the sheriffs dept said it was "guys towing in lafayette, la" they said they had no record of it. called sheriff back, they said same thing. called guys, yadda yadda back n forth for about 10 days so finally i drove over to guys towing, they AGAIN stated they did not have the yukon and had no record of picking it up.

i walked strait past the asshole at the counter and into the yard, with him chasing me yelling, i stopped and said, if you have no record of it, why is it sitting right there?

and yes i (well it was my cousins money) had to pay the extra $250 in storage fees they charged vs if they would have not lied and given it to me the first day i asked.

towing companies are crooked as they come! lol, around here they got so bad with fees, they set limits to how much atow company can charge for certain services, well it made it worse in the end because now you are ALWAYS charged the max allowed by law, even if they just show up and do not have to do anything, like your truck was stuck and you got it out before they showed $260.

this is just a side note but related to towing, i saw the funniest and most genius thing the other day, you know how when you get in an accident the LEO asks which towing company you would prefer? i saw a tow truck from a company called "anybody towing" LOL! so i guess when the LEO asks if someone says "anybody" they get the call LOL! a friend has a tow company, its called slicks towing, i told him he needs to rename it to "doesn't matter towing" or "don't matter towing" or "don't care towing" or something like that LOL! so he would get the calls when people say that, LOL!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  7. Jun 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner Sport
    Holy thread Resurrection Batman!

8. Jun 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    jbmccul

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner Sport
    And, after reading this, Riverside Towing comes to mind

9. Jun 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    jboudreaux1965

jboudreaux1965 ragin cajun

Member:
    First Name:
    joseph
    abbeville
    Vehicle:
    2006 Pre-Runner TRD Sport
    3" coil-overs, AAL
    hey, hey another tiger fan! hope you support them cajun's to though :)

10. Jun 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    jbmccul

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner Sport
    I bleed purple and gold, but I'm for anything good coming out of South Louisiana

11. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    I moved into her old room the day after my 21st birthday, so July 29th. My parents told me to pack her stuff up and put it in the garage, so I nicely packed it all in boxes and put it all in the top of the garage. Had to mop that floor four times, and painting was a nightmare. Lots of holes to patch, and the walls were blue and purple, with a black tree painted on the purple wall. The trim was black, and her whole point job was terrible. Had to triple coat the primer and double coat the paint. The day before my birthday, I was just laying on the actual paint when she drove up. She walked into the room, cussing and talking shit. She even kicked a dent in my truck's bumper! She screamed at me for a while and told me she hated me and wanted to punch me in the face before she left. She didn't show up for my birthday the next day, of course. But she came back a few days after and apologized, and insisted on taking me to lunch.
    But anyways, she is doing much better now. She got her license back around my birthday, and she just got a job at Wal-Mart, in the bakery. She is also starting school at TCC for mortuary science.
    Anyways, here's the room now that I am in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Sep 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    SoCal
    Rear leaf spring tsb 5000 miles, w ac fan 26k miles, windshield creaking 28k miles- not warranty. Bad upper idler pulleys 32k miles- not warranty, Toyota Quality!
    Nice looking room man. About time for you to have a comfortable space to live in.

13. Sep 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yes, it's great! I love having a real bed, and having enough room for all of my books and guns. It was so cluttered when I lived in the kitchen pantry!

14. Oct 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    ttaM

ttaM 4.8.15.16.23.42

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 2.4L 5 Lugger
    stoked for you man, nothing like having your own space and having plenty of room to stretch out... heck, with those doors, you could nearly pull stonewall in there with you!

15. Oct 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    That's another thing I love about it- I can stare at him all day from my room.
    [​IMG]

16. Oct 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    your sister reminds me of my brother in some ways. The mooching off of my Parents and not doing anything.

17. Oct 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    That's exactly what she did. Now she has a boyfriend to mooch off of. I was shocked as hell the other day when she came over and gave my dad $100 so he could get mom's heart meds and groceries.

18. Oct 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    06 tacoma owner

06 tacoma owner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 AC super white 4x4
    4 inch lift, 6000k HIDs, weathertechs, Pioneer head unit with bluetooth, 285/70 trail grapplers, aero turbine muffler w/ flowmaster 3 inch stainless tip
  19. Oct 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Wow that is well shocking lol.

20. Oct 18, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard she did that. Mind blown.

To Top