1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sizing & Spring Loaded Constant Tension Hose Clamps???

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by windnsalsa, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Apr 24, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    windnsalsa

windnsalsa [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 Green Tacoma TRD 3.4 manual [110k+ mi as of 02/2017]
    A few questions regarding sizing of spring loaded constant tension hose clamps. Forums research seems to conclude to try to use new spring clamps and avoid using worm clamps. I have decided on using spring clamps. Very tough to find locally, but found some at a newly opened Ace Hardware. I thought this small project is completely straight foward but reading a bit on the net and trying to find them locally have been tough. Dealer here in San Jose was asking $11/each.

I am replacing a heater coolant hose that is 5/8" inch inside diameter and 15/16" outside diameter [same as factory]. If we want the "correct" tension, would we want to use spring clamps of size 15/16" or 7/8"?

The damaged hose has strong impressions from the factory clamps [seems to be 7/8" clamps]. I bought 7/8, 15/16 clamps. Which size do you think is best/correct? Wanting to minimize risk of leaking [if a bit loose] or gashed hose or plastic water inlet valve connector [if too tight]. I am leaning towards 7/8 [in between ID and OD].

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

Products Discussed in

To Top