1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skid Plate Options and where to Buy ???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jtice, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    jtice

jtice [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    Pioneer P4100DVD, 10" Pioneer Shallow Mount Sub
    I have done alittle searching on here and only seen a few nice skid plates.
    I dont want to bother with the cheesy front TRD one, I want ones that will actually take some abuse.
    I dont plan on doing any hardcore wheeling with my truck, but it will see some rocky places at times, and I want the reassurance that a skid will give me if I end up bashing on a few rocks.
    I would love to find a nice full set like skidrow makes, but they dont make any for my 2011.
    http://www.skidplates.com/Trans_95_Tacoma.asp

I would also love to find some decently tough aluminum ones, I know they arent as strong as steel, but with the limited offroad mine will see, I think they would be ok, and I would really like to keep the weight down.

Any suggestions or recommended places to buy these would be great.
    Thanks
    ~John

2. Mar 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    i got a brand new armor tech one i will sell you for $225. been sitting in my office for like 3 months. i have been meaning to list it. i am not shipping though, to dang heavy.

3. Mar 5, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Get the armor tech, its heavy but should outlast the truck.... If you get the full package you might want some bigger springs for the added weight.

To Top