1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slamming My Freaking Doors!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MOT, Apr 11, 2010.

?

Yes Or No!1

Poll closed May 11, 2010.
  1. Yes What The Hell Is That All About!

82 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. No My Friends And Family Have Brains!

39 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. Apr 11, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    MOT

MOT [OP] Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    I Think I Would If I Had A 2 Door And Someone Did That!:smack:

2. Apr 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    TGurau

TGurau Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tibi
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '98 SR5 4x4
    3" OME Suspension lift. PEX motoring headlights.
    I would say that you're way over reacting but after seeing your trucks and their years, I decided I would probably do the same. I only have a 98 manul windows so it's not a big deal to me. But if a car door is constantly slammed, it'll eventually break something inside and cause the power window to stop working or make stuff rattle. Just sayin. You hav a good point

3. May 10, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    bump

4. May 11, 2010 at 12:42 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    I slammed my own door pretty hard last fall when out hunting as, since it rains here most of the time and the windows are rarely down, I'm used to shutting the doors against cabin pressure and didn't realize how easily they closed when a couple of other doors were open.

5. May 11, 2010 at 3:11 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    It bothers me a lot more when they open them too far. Every one I ride with seems to just blindly throw the door wide open before they get out...but I've got them trained now! :D

6. May 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    GF slams my door all the time...I keep telling her not to. So I just slam the shit outa her doors.

7. May 11, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    After reading this pole it reminds me of what my mom used to say "LEAVE IT ON THE HINGES" !!! we grew up with old heavy duty ford station wagons. No need to slam the taco door...

Azbackcountry

8. May 11, 2010 at 5:55 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    Drives me a hell of a lot more crazy when someone does it in my Mustang than in my Tacoma. The big, heavy Mustang doors basically shut themselves, but for some reason everyone assumes that old car = must slam doors. Quite the opposite.

9. May 11, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    My buddy does that all the time but I can't seem to get it into his thick skull to stop. I tell him everytime he gets out of my truck that he doesn't have to slam it closed. I guess its just habit for him. Now that he just bought a 4runner I think im gonna start slamming the doors on it out of spite.

10. May 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    Vindicitive

Vindicitive I Will Find You...

Member:
    Alpharetta,Ga
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    DTRL Mod, FogLight Mod, Tinted Windows, CB Raidio/PA, Footwell LED's
    it drives me insane! I just wanna open up a can of whoop @ss on em, Once they start paying for the truck then they can slam them all they want.

11. May 11, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Get in, don't touch a friggen thing, and don't slam the damn door.

12. May 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I would know what you were talking about, if I could understand your spelling.

13. May 11, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    I'm in the same boat I'm always tellin someone not to slam the doors . Especially my daughter. Buddy of mine slamed the door once and the effin window popped out of the track . Easy fix and he bought lunch .

14. May 11, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    calaniz0312

calaniz0312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Mission, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Pop a Lock tail gate lock, Dee Zee Heavy Duty bed mat, Viper alarm system, Blacked out headlights, Blacked out tailights.
    My wife and family respect the taco. They know how much I love it.

15. May 11, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    tacomabud

tacomabud Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bud
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04 Black Xtra Cab
    K&N replacement, 4" Deck plate mod, Thrush Welded muffler, 2nd Gen. TRD rims, Herculinered bed, Grey wire mod, OME lift w/ 883 coils and AAL, 265/75/16 BFG A/T, AP 1.5" wheel spacers
    I don't really know why, but a couple of my buddies slam the door (maybe because it's a "truck" so why the hell not. I'm not sure...). But, some times I do it right back to their cars which they completely baby. I'm hoping one day they catch on since telling/yelling at them isn't good enough.

However, to add to slamming doors - I think THE worse is when people close/slam the door with the seat belt not retracted all the way and it gets smashed in the door jam. How inconsiderate, oblivious, and stupid do you have to be to not care that much???

16. May 11, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    Well, I'd rather have them slam the door useing the handle than putting their hand in the middle of the door to close it! After buying a brand new 4Runner back in 1988 I took my Mom for a ride the same day. After getting out she used the door instead of the handle and caused a dent. Kind of a bummer but I figured she saved me from having to get the first dent myself.:rolleyes:

17. May 11, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    28ØØ3

28ØØ3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    boss
    somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend B
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB SR5 4WD
    VatoZone Especial
    i'm pretty sure my wife is a robot, as in, everything she does is digital. either she slams the door, or closes it too softly and has to do it 3 times
    there is no coasting or steady-speed when she is driving, she is either accelerating or braking

18. May 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I hate that, my 5 year old is notorious for that...I forwarded this thread to my wife so she doesn't think I am crazy when I tell her you dont have to slam the doors.

19. May 11, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

haha Nice thats funny!:eek:

20. May 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

Ya if the car is older it is eazyer to shut because of the weight! Not haarder like most people think!:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top