1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sleipnir's build and the typical BS thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Sleipnir, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    No problem, hey have I ever told you I was born in San Antonio? Don't know why I never noticed you were there til now. Haha

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    Sleipnir

Sleipnir [OP] Still havent found that stupid snipe

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Haha really!? Nice! I moved here for a job and was living in Houston before that. I'm glad I moved out here :D Its much nicer than Houston :anonymous:

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Haven't been there since I was a baby but would like to visit one day to see where I was born. Haha
    I was born on Lackland AFB.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:25 AM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Thats on the west side of San Antonio. I live in the North East in New Braunfels. But if you need someone where to stay let me know! Florida isnt that far from Texas and then you can come check out Rago too!

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:39 AM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Cool thanks! It would be cool to meet Rago & see the shop too. I talked to my wife about it before & she said it would be cool to do, then she found out about the mall & was definitely down to go. Haha
    She said she'd want to go see the Alamo & all that touristy stuff. Haha

ChadsPride likes this.
  6. Sep 24, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Well let me know when you plan on coming and we'll make room! We have a two bed townhome at the moment and the smaller room is my office so you'd have to be on an air mattress :D Unless you wait till after May and we'll be in our new Duplexes. Also I'll be heading to overland expo west in May to show off the truck :p

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Sep 24, 2016 at 9:07 AM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    It won't be anytime soon but is on our list of thing we want to do. We'd also like to take the auto train up to Virginia & see the sights in the Capitol.

8. Sep 24, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    Pirhett

Pirhett Instagram @pirhett_ship

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB MGM
    Stock...
    looks badass, add a leaf of 1.5 will bring your rear maybe half in taller than front

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. Sep 24, 2016 at 9:51 PM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Ah right on! So just a normal AAL would be good for the rear? I want a 3 inch lift for the rear to match the front

Pirhett[QUOTED] and ChadsPride like this.
  10. Sep 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    I don't think you can get a 3" aal, I could be wrong though.
    Do you want it level? 3 in the front & 3 in the rear will still have that 2" factory rake.

ChadsPride likes this.
  11. Sep 24, 2016 at 9:55 PM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    I want the truck to look level so what exactly would I need to level it?

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Sep 24, 2016 at 10:01 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Just an aal should make it level if you have 3 up front or at the worst about a half inch or so high in the rear.
    When I had a 3" lift it came with 2" blocks & seems high in the rear.
    This is with the 3/2 lift.
    IMAG0389.jpg

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. Sep 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Gotcha so a 1.5 AAL to level the back with the front. I want to add silver billies in the back and that shouldn't mess with the lift right?

ChadsPride likes this.
  14. Sep 24, 2016 at 10:17 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    No, shocks don't lift. If you do the aal then it's a good idea to get new shocks anyway.
    Just to give you an idea Chads new lift is 4 up front & 3 in the rear & it looks pretty level but everything still needs to settle.
    Here's an idea to figure out what you need to be level, measure the front & rear center of hub to the fender the difference should be what you need.

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Sep 24, 2016 at 10:22 PM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    I gotcha, I'll have to look into it but not tonight or until next Sunday afternoon:p I'm gonna take my time when I order the AAL and the rear shocks. I've got 9 months before overland expo west and that's what I am really working towards. Maybe I'll just order dakars by then :D

Either way I'm headed to bed for the night. Night Mike!

ChadsPride likes this.
  16. Sep 24, 2016 at 11:14 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Night! :wave:

ChadsPride likes this.
  17. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:23 AM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Morning all!

White Horse likes this.
  18. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:24 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    :wave::wave::wave:

20160925_091518.jpg

:yay::yay::yay:

19. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:24 AM
    Sleipnir

Member:
    First Name:
    I'm a horse
    Asgard
    Vehicle:
    Furd Rangero Ecoboost
    Dude that looks sooooooo goooooood!!!! Now we need to get you some bigger tires! Did you get it aligned too?

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Yessir!!! Got the alignment done yesterday otw home. Drives better than it ever has before!!!!

Going to do the CMC and wear these tires out and look into the same tires you've got!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top