1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sliderssss

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by riverrat12, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    They must be the old style our sliders have been 100% no drill for over two years.

Mobtown Offroad likes this.
  2. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:13 PM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    Early on we learned how active and popular this forum is. It is full of information, and users with tons of knowledge and so it is a powerful marketing tool. When we asks customers how they heard about us, 9 times out of 10 they tell us Tacomaworld and that speaks volume. Maybe we do "pat ourselves on the back to much" but it is because we are proud of our products, customer service, where we started, where we are now and the future of whats to come.

My reply was more to state why our lead times are where they are. We are a shop, of literally 2 guys doing all the designs, fabrication, shipping, customer service, accounting, bathroom cleaning, light bulb changing, etc and yet we still manage to be as active as we are on this forum trying to always answer questions and help anyone out, even if it is not going to gain us anything in sales.

3. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    solscooter

solscooter Sh!t Outta Luck

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    this makes me wanna quickly stand up, straighten my back and salute you sir!

still in chair w/ drink though

Friedtacolover likes this.
  4. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    dynamicweight

dynamicweight Well-Known Member

Member:
    Like the man said, I guess yours were an older design. Mine went on with no drilling. There was one hole where it looked like I could drill it out if I wanted to, but there were already a couple bolts there anyway so I didn't bother.

5. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    You can thank Toyota for that one. Sometime in late 2016 and on they removed a hole on both sides of the chassis where the sliders used to bolt through. Ours and I bet all the other sliders out there are the same way.

Shmellmopwho and Freegolf like this.
  6. Jan 23, 2018 at 4:35 PM
    Freegolf

Freegolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2016 offroad, manual tran
    You're hustling. I get it and respect it. The work is top notch.

7. Jan 23, 2018 at 7:11 PM
    PNWskibum

PNWskibum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD off-road Access cab,blue
    LED interior lights,LED lows/highs,window rain guards
  8. Jan 23, 2018 at 7:25 PM
    THATCH11B

THATCH11B Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Limerick Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro - SOLD
    Mobtown sliders, bed extender, Extang Encore tonneau cover, Husky x-act fit mats, 3M FX Premium 25 tint, Bedrug mat, 255/85r16 ST MAXX’s, Rok Blokz, Rigid Industries 30 inch bumper mount and ditch lights, Subaru tweeter upgrade, MESO LED turn signal upgrade, TRD CAI, MESO LED map/dome, VLED’s exterior LED’s, Weathertech window vents, Redline struts, engine bay LED’s, seat spacer mod, 3x remote start, Mobtown CMC, Mobtown locking storage doors, Prinsu Cabrac, SPC UCA’s, ADS 2.5 remote reservoirs w/adjusters front /rear, 700 # springs, OME Dakar HD leafs, extended brake lines, u bolt flip, bump stops front(Plastic guy’s)/rear(Timbren), ECGS bushing, sway bar delete. Yotaled’s raptor light kit, Method Racing MR701’s, Rondo radio knobs
    30FF63D0-9E3F-474D-B965-1455B6626838.jpg A8B26F5C-3C54-42CD-AED6-75A08A0BBC1C.jpg Mobtown!

F249E7C3-B2BD-42F8-9ACB-868BFC97BAD9.jpg

Mobtown Offroad likes this.
  9. Jan 23, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    Two things to consister, which I am bouncing between slider company.
    One is locality, can you pick them up? Love spending your hard earned money in the state you live in?
    Two is you want what you want and spending your hard earned money for the product and shipping isn't the deal breaker.

10. Jan 23, 2018 at 8:32 PM
    daks

daks Juzt for Shitz

Member:
    Hammertown,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017-TRD-Sport DCSB
    Ongoing
    Well, I am way up in Canada, I spent a lot of time "eyeballing" sliders, if I wanted cheap I could get a local fab shop to make some square tube sliders and weld them on.

When something goes wrong on the trails... will you be glad you saved $100 in shipping?

I went with Mobtown because I thought their bolt on's added the most strength and protection to the frame and the truck. I can see a lot of practical engineering in their design. Plus I think they spent a lot of time "static load testing" them by the frame clamping concepts. As a person that worked as an Automotive Engineer I see some neat details in his design you don't come up with by copying standard designs or sitting behind a CAD terminal. I wonder how many "Oh shit" moments they had perfecting the early days of the design. LOL.

So I braced myself to contact them to find out if they will ship to Canada. Yep,

Grit my teeth and ask for shipping cost... and Joe seemed all worried , so I held onto my chair for the giga-number that was going to come my way...When Joe quoted a price that was basically a buck a pound, to ship it to a different country. LOL I was ecstatic considering some places charge more than that number as a "pallet/crate charge"!
    As he was saying he'll try and see if he can get a better price on that and that they get all the brokerage handled for me.... I only had one thing going through my mind....

You're worried about out of State? I went out of Country! :)

11. Jan 23, 2018 at 9:37 PM
    Technique

Technique Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Offroad DCSB
    -285/70/17 Toyo AT3 -Tuned
    If you're looking for weld-ons, get some 4x4innovation sliders. Under 400$ shipped to my door, custom no-kick design (+25$), DOM tubing.

IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1221 (1).jpg

12. Jan 23, 2018 at 9:57 PM
    BlakeM

BlakeM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Gonzales, LA
    Vehicle:
    2023 T4R.SR5.4WD.OMG.LOL.WTF
    I got mine from 4x too. Hard to beat $280 for sliders shipped, if you have the tools to install them.

rlx02[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top