1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slime Compressor - or another?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MountainEarth, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Hey guys...

Don't do a lot of har wheeeling, but I want a good dependable portable compressor in the kit in the event I need to air down or get a flat.

I just bought a Viair 300P figuring if I spent a little more cash I'd get a better unit, but the wire insulation is split out of the box, the guage is off by 10psi and the bag it comes in is total crap (bad zippers). For $150 totally unacceptable all around.

Any of you have experience with the Slime Heavy Duty Inflator (Comp06)? It's also the one included in the Slime ProSpair kit. It's way cheaper ... which is why I didn't get it in the first place! But it seems to have some good reviews out there.

So I figured I'd ask the Tacoma community. How has it worked for you? Is it durable? What about up time?

If not the Slime, any other recommendations for good portables? I don't wheel enough to justify an onboard unit.

2. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  3. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I bought that exact Slime compressor last December. I've used it maybe half a dozen times. So far the compressor itself has worked fine. I haven't had any issues with it. The gauge seems to read true, at least it's in line my old cheap air gauge. The unit also has a built in light, which I haven't really used. The gauge doesn't light up though, so if you're using it in the dark you'll still need a flashlight. The bag that it comes with is, like the Viair's, pretty crappy. It's a PIA to get it in or out of the bag. It's just too tight of a fit. The hose has a quick release fitting to connect it to the compressor. The other end threads onto the valve stem pretty securely. I would rather have a quick release fitting on both ends, but it's not that big of a deal since it's just for airing up tires.

I thought about mounting it under the hood and putting a switch in the cab to turn it on and off, but since I don't do any serious wheeling I figure it's not worth the extra effort for me right now.

4. Jun 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Any others?

Products Discussed in

To Top