1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sloppy bed lining job

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 45acp, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    45acp

45acp [OP] Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    bone stock / unmolested 04 2.7L
    So the '04 I just bought has 2 bed liners in it. (I knew this before I bought it, just didn't affect my decision.) The truck has been through 2-3 other owners and the last one said the plastic liner has been there since he bought it, so he couldn't help me with this question.

There's a plastic liner covering what looks to me like a DIY liner. Whoever applied it didn't do a good job IMO. It looks like there are thin/unfinished areas, drips, ect.

Is there a way to tell who makes it? Any way to remove it? SHOULD I remove it? Leave it alone? And another layer? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Just east of crazy

Member:
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Toyo A30 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover.
    If it were my truck, I would dump the plastic liner and have the spray liner redone. However, I don't know what's involved in redoing the old liner. JMO.

To Top