1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slugs

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Southerner, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Apr 21, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    SoCal_Erik

SoCal_Erik Tiki Taka, Tika Taka

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 SR5 DCSB, ‘15 SR5 DCSB (sold), ‘16 4Runner SR5, ‘15 OR DCSB (sold), ‘05 SC (sold)
    Love shootin' slugs and actually just purchased some through sgammo.com

Since people are talkin' about HD. I keep a G23 in my nightstand. My wife has a G19 in her nightstand. And we keep a Maverick 88 ready to go behind our bedroom door. :infantry:

2. Apr 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    orly?

I guess we comprehend things we read differently.

It doesn't matter how well you know your shotgun there is NO benefit to having staggered rounds in a shotgun or any firearm for that matter. In fights for your life when the adrenaline it is impossible to recall how many rounds you've fired to know what's coming up next to plan accordingly. You're responsible for EVERY projectile that leaves your firearm so randomly staggering slugs and other muli-pellet rounds for self defense use is just a terrible idea.

3. Apr 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM
    Sig45

Sig45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 & 2021 Tundra SR5 DC 4x4
    AVS in-channel window visors Husky Mud Guards Husky Liners X-act Contour Floor Liners Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT- 265/75/16 C Toyota 16" Black TRD Trail Team Edition Wheels Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover OEM Bed mat OEM Running Boards Marathon custom fit seat covers Front window tint Rear Leaf Spring 4 Pack - TSB Front - 5100's with stock springs set at .85" Rear - 4600's
    IF (and that's a big If) I'm ever in the unfortunate "fight of my life" situation in my home....we're talking 20' range or less?? Whatever comes out of that firearm (slug and/or buckshot or both) is going to put a world of hurt on someone.
    It may be a big hole or more smaller holes or a combination of both. I've got nothing further to add as we disagree and that's OK.

Sorry OP for this diversion.

4. Apr 21, 2016 at 3:48 PM
    Southerner

Southerner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    S
    The great state of TN
    Vehicle:
    2015 Grey Tacoma Access cab
    I like the idea of staggering rounds. I run hollow points alternated with non hollow points in my 45. Honestly I just wanted to know about slugs. Ive never shot them and wanted to know the ins and outs. I've got 2 shotguns, one will be shot and the other may be slugs, right now it is empty.
    Does anyone have any comments about what brand slugs to get or avoid? Anyone had any problems with their shotgun cycling slugs? Is there any information that I absolutly need to know before I buy a box?

5. Apr 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    Sig45

Sig45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 & 2021 Tundra SR5 DC 4x4
    AVS in-channel window visors Husky Mud Guards Husky Liners X-act Contour Floor Liners Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT- 265/75/16 C Toyota 16" Black TRD Trail Team Edition Wheels Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover OEM Bed mat OEM Running Boards Marathon custom fit seat covers Front window tint Rear Leaf Spring 4 Pack - TSB Front - 5100's with stock springs set at .85" Rear - 4600's
    Federal, Remington & Winchester all make good slugs. Just make sure you don't buy the ones made for rifled barrels. I've never had an issue with cycling. I've shot them out of my Remington 870 and my Benelli M2 with no issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top