1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Small Gap Between Spacer and Rim

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bwilliamson, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    bwilliamson

bwilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Magnolia, KY
    I just got my 1.25" spacers in today. After installing them I got to noticing that every wheel has a small, maybe 1-2 mm gap, between the spacer and the rim. All the lug nuts are tight, the back of the rims are clean, and still every wheel has this gap. I tried to put a piece of paper in the gap just to see how far down it went. I could barely get the corner of the paper in. Should I be worried about this? The rims where just put on with an old 4 way lug wrench and tightened with a cheater bar if that helps.

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    My Spidertrax have a rounded edge; is that what you're seeing?

3. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    bwilliamson

bwilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Magnolia, KY
    The spacer has a beveled edge angling down to the rim and the rim has a beveled edge angling down to the spacer. It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like you can see in between the spacer and rim. But like I said I couldnt get a piece of paper to slide between the two.

4. Apr 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    If you can't get a piece of paper between them, I don't see the problem...:confused:

5. Apr 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I concur.

To Top