1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

small lift for 2011 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4x4

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by nmhs, Jun 21, 2011.

1. nmhs

nmhs [OP] Member

Member:
    I just noticed that the 2011's have been added to the TSB. Will toyota do the same for my pickup or will they gawk if ask them to do this? Also, what setting did you have your front shocks set at?

2. Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    depends on the dealer on the TSB, everyone gets different results.

I told mine that i was bottoming out real bad with my 4wheeler loaded up, he looked up the tsb and ordered the parts.
    make sure and tell them it "bottoms out" and you have a "harsh ride" in the rear when you haul firewood. those are the key words

he said his fronts were set at 1.75" that is the middle setting. .85" is the first setting, then 1.75" then 2.5"

[​IMG]
    this guys truck (rivet joint) has his 5100's at 1.75" and has the rear tsb done and has 265/70/17 tires

3. 2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox.
    That's right the fronts are set at 1.75"...here is a before and after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox.
    On the TSB I didn't like the way it felt when pulling my boat trailer. I just called the service dept, explained my problem and asked if my truck was eligible for the TSB springs. They had me come in for an inspection and ordered the parts without any hassle. A few days later I dropped of my truck and they installed the 4 leaf springs under warranty.

5. nmhs

nmhs [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks guys, I think I will try to pursue the TSB option wiht shocks all the way around. One question, are the rear shocks a significant difference than the stock?

thanks

6. Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    i didnt notice that much of a difference. I think they have a little bit more travel and better valveing

7. NoDrAmA357HK

NoDrAmA357HK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp w/ AAL, 17x9 -6 Offset 4.75 Backspace Pro Comp 7033, LT285/70/17, Xtreme M/T Pro Comp - 67285
    :popcorn:

"I wanna see this so called Humongous Speed BUMP?"

8. 2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    I would say your normal ride won't be affected much by the upgrade in the rear shocks. It is a longer travel piston so it should be better for offroading. I just like the idea of having a matched set so I bought all four.

9. nmhs

nmhs [OP] Member

Member:
    one more question,

If I get the shocks all around and the rear TSB springs and I adjust the front shocks to 1.75 will I need any kind of block in the rear?

10. Quad D

Quad D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Quad
    Colorado, from CA, lived in TX, ID, and MT also.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma stock, dbl cab, 4x4, short bed, SR5
    I guess I could take photos if you guys really want to see it. If it's my "humongous" speed bumps you are talking about. I seen how people could complain about mud flaps rubbing. That doesn't really concern me at all. I finally just HAD to see this scraping in action. We drove over a couple of the better ones, made sure we were hearing it. I got out, got down, and watched as the wife drove over the bumps. Turns out with just her in the truck it doesn't scrape unless w/ load. But it's damned close to scraping. With my 200lbs of mass in there with her, the truck frame/cross member scrape for sure. :eek: Crazy to think that sometimes people go a little extreme with the speed bumps huh?

11. nmhs

nmhs [OP] Member

Member:
    Has anyone set these shocks to the 2.5 setting and if so what are the pros and cons?

To Top