1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

small milestone in the weight department

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RoyB, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    I was never real fat, but over the last 10 years I've gained some weight. I am about 6-1 and in highschool weighed a whopping 150 lbs and could not gain no matter what. Once highschool ended I started working out and was a steady 170ish for a while. Moved out on my own, turned 21, started drinking beer, had a steady GF and managed to work my way up to 210! Got back into gym and diet mode, and I was pretty steady at 185-190 for the last 5 years. I felt good, thought I looked good...

Well, I hit 200# again and clothes were tight. A little pissed I decided to re-vamp my diet. Cut down on carbs, more protein, eat more times a day and, cut the high sugar fruits, etc. My workouts did not really increase, but I did make them a little longer and more intense.

My Goal was to get a 6-pack by summer, I had a month to do it. I lost 15 lbs incredibly fast...like in two weeks fast. I have since been losing 2 lbs a week steady. I weighed in sunday and I was down to 170#. A weight I thought I would never see again. I feel great, look good and I am as strong as I was when I was 200. That is a 30 lb drop in 3 months. 30 lbs of FAT. How sick is that.

The drawback is nothing fits. I mean even my shoes are loose now. My pants have gone down 2 sizes, my shirts have gone from Larges to Mediums. I have relaxed my diet slightly the last 2 weeks and I STILL have been losing 2lbs a week. I can't believe it. I still don't have a six-pack, but it is soooo close lol. I am just happy I don't have the belly I did in spring.

I know no one probably cares, but I am pretty stoked about it. I don't really want to get under 170, but if it keeps coming off I don't know what to do.

That's my story.

2. Sep 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ashburn | VA
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB 4WD / '13 Ninja 300 / '04 CRF 150F
    I think the clothes are not a big deal, to be perfectly honest. :thumbsup: That's a good sign, congratulations on your weight loss. Dropping pounds always feels great.

-- Matt --

3. Sep 5, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Nice. I am the same. 6'1 and about 190. I was stuck at 170 for about 4 years.

4. Sep 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Gees Roy I'm the same height as you but weigh 245! Don't sweat losing too much weight now at 29-as soon as I reached 30 yrs old my metabolism slowed down. I'm 50 now and trying to lose weight. I am disabled but manage about a pound a week which aint bad. You still have that furnace in ya working fulltime.

5. Sep 5, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    Thanks guys. I think once I hit 30 I will be ok now that I am back on track! It seemed to had slowed down when I hit 21. It just happened to be the same time I moved out on my own too. I guess I was just eating wrong the whole time. Who woulda though that frozen pizzas and cereal could be so bad for you when they taste so good!

To Top