1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SnoBoarder's Rig

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by SnoBoarder, May 17, 2009.

1. Oct 29, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    TACOFEAVER

TACOFEAVER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    3" lift, and 265 75 R16 Trxus M/T's enroute. (to be installed in about 2 weeks)
    SWEET! So what're the plans? :D

2. Dec 10, 2009 at 4:38 AM
    SnoBoarder

SnoBoarder [OP] Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    85 4Runner - Built not Bought
    I've been off this board for long-long time, sorry. I'll go back through my build thread and pm some answers to some questions that have been posted.

As for the 4Runner, I've put several months of time and a lot of $$$ in to the rig. As of now, I finished rebuilding the front axle from ground up, including 5.29's, seals, bearings, felts, rock rings, and clean-prep-paint everything on the axle. I've rebuilt the front brakes from ground up and the rear kits are still in the box awaiting the Spring thaw. The only work I didn't personally do was set up the ring an pinion. There is a ton of work involved to remove the front 3rd from a Toy axle and that pretty much left the option to learn how to do it myself out of the question, this time around. The rear axle has been rebuilt too and has an Aussie locker back there. 15x8 Rock Crawlers and 37" SSR's are waiting to go on, but not on the rig yet. Front leafs are on and she's lifted about 4 inches, rear leafs are still sagging so she's not level and not worth bolting on the 37's until I've corrected that. I also have a TG high steer kit waiting to go on but I need to weld brackets for that and I am not a welder, at least not yet, but give it time. :D

I'll post up pics of the axle rebuild and gears and the whole process, if there's interest? I totally missed the last half of the 09 wheelin season but I hope to be doing some serious rock crawling in April and May.

3. Dec 10, 2009 at 4:46 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Oh there's a interest. Post away!

4. Dec 10, 2009 at 5:06 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
  5. Dec 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    SnoBoarder

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    Leave it to Bobby to come up with another great idea. Bummer because I finished the axles 2 months ago, and those look twice as thick as the TG/Marlin knuckle seals. I put marlin HD axle seals so at least I got those in while it was torn down. Thanks for that link, I wish I would have known. I'll grab a set next year when I put in a front locker and tear into again.

6. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    one thing after another..

thats one thing i really like about staying all toyota, there are so many upgrades to this and that its like you can modify the modifications :D

and everything matches up nice.

the only thing that cannot be rebuilt toyota is their Steering boxes, now if someone would make aftermarket steering box parts, all bases would be covered.

7. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:02 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    :worthless: com on,post em man.lol.

8. Dec 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    Motoxerc0

Motoxerc0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC LB Lifted
    Awesome build it looks very clean and well done. Also, nice write up it was very informative. Those bumpers look sick as well, i would love to do that too my truck. Good job man!

9. Dec 24, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    :popcorn: More pictures I cant get enough!

10. Jan 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    davidpick

davidpick NWXPDTN

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Leavenworth, WA
    Vehicle:
    1988 Pickup 22R 5sp 2wd
    Weber 32/36, RV Cam, LCE exhaust headers, Desmogged
    I gotta say, your rig is quite possibly by far the sweetest looking taco I've ever seen! A lot of time and thought went into this, and it shows!! :cool:

11. Jan 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    SnoBoarder

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    ^ Wow, thanks!! In fact, thanks again to everyone! It seems a lot of people have been viewing my build. I'm fairly happy with all of the mods and they did take some time and planning, but I like them and a lot of you guys have pm'd me for details so I hope your projects turned out great!

What'd I like to do the most to my Tacoma won't pass Inspection LOL so I've been focusing all my effort in to this '85 Runner. It's becoming a ground up rebuild and it has sat in the garage all winter waiting for some suspension parts. If I could get the rear leaf height worked out and the 37's mounted on, that would renew my desire to get it finished. Oh well, it's only time and money and I just went out to start it and have a fluctuating short across the batter terminals, nice. I'll be adding a starter and/or alternator plus a new battery to my weekend shopping list.

I do have pics for some of you who were interested in my axle rebuilds, I just haven't had time to post them up. Once Spring is here, I'll have more free time and hopefully some pics of the Runner on the 37 SSR's, not jack stands LOL.

12. Jan 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    ^Sweet!

13. Jan 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    nice to hear from ya...........again.lol.

14. Jan 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    indigobob

indigobob Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2007 trd sport
    Icon front and res. coilovers..deaver 11 pk secondary air filter removal, grillcraft grill,extang trifold soft cover, afe intake an exhaust ligt racing uca kennesaw front bumper
    I know what you mean waiting for spring weather as well, going to be a few months here in Wi. Just order my rear bumper from KMA. Thanks for all the help, look forward to your new pics on the project.

15. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    GREAT looking truck!!

16. Jan 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Nice build man it looks way sick. I had a question tho about your bumper. I was looking at that one and wandered did it take awhile for them to get you the bumper?

17. Jan 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    gfiber

gfiber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport Access Cab
    TRD sport pkg, Towing Pkg, Ham radio installation, bed lights, front 32 inch LED Bar behind the grill.
    SnoBoarder,

How do you find the bumpers? They seem as stout as an ARB? ARB is local to me but I do like the price of yours better though they would have to ship it.

18. Mar 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    thegreatsam

thegreatsam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    I know this is an old thread, but I can't get over how awesome the "stance" is. I'm thinking about copying the suspension and tire setup. Posting so I can find this thread again later.

19. Mar 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    SnoBoarder

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    Thank you! I love the stance too, just right. Performs well too. I just hate polished aluminum wheels, wish I would have gone with black, but 17x9 and offset is the key to the stance along with the wide 33x12.5's.

20. Mar 20, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    SnoBoarder

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    I think they are very strong, no worries there. I would get another 1 or 2 coats of epoxy primer on them before installing but I am really pleased with them. Silver07taco now has a winch, he'll be the true acid test as to how much stress than can really take.

Products Discussed in

To Top