1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snow storm lovers - Who's crying now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Janster, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Thats why i like Nor-Cal, never snows here where i live just rain :D

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Taco only comes out when it actually snows...DD gets duty the rest of the time...wash frequently to deter rust. Cheapest solution is a gas-station drive-thru wash with undercarriage jets.

NC is about ideal...we get two or three good snows per year, and the rest of the time, no problem. Rains frequently between snows to wash away road salt.

So we get our play time without the magnitude of rust seen in the Northern reaches :D

Took the taco for a wash today, was about 4 miles home over dry roads, and it's not coming back out again til a couple rains have washed the roads...and that will be for a follow-up wash to get anything it picked up on the 4 miles home :D

3. Dec 22, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Snow rocks. You're all a bunch of dirty pirate hookers.

4. Dec 22, 2009 at 1:42 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Pennsylvania (where I live) is usually like that.

Every several years - we'll get pounded (like this weekend).

I did some research on under-carriage washes in my area and there's only one available. The only way you can have that done is pay for the entire automatic wash deal.

Not that I'm picky or anything, but I never take my vehicles to automatic washes for reasons of protecting the paint/finish. The crap those rubbery things can pick up from other vehicles and then rub across and scratch your paint..... No thanks. I'll just have to deal with the power wash wand and getting the undercarriage as good as I can.

When I was younger, I paid no attention to details and didn't care too much about my vehicles. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate my nice truck and like to keep it nice.

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 1:46 AM
    toyotadude5

toyotadude5 Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Flagstaff, az
    Vehicle:
    2006 Subaru wrx sti (white)
    sure is haha but still in az. Everyone thinks az is just one big desert tho.

6. Dec 22, 2009 at 3:52 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Add another to the list of hatin' snow. Up to 6-8" of snow is fine. Past that, screw it.
    After I shoveled snow 4 times on Saturday and twice on Sunday I talked to my dad who lives in the LA suburbs. He gleefully informed me of his current temperature of 75F and that he did not envy me.
    I enjoy snow but this is wayyy too much. That's why I could never live where there's all that lake effect snow. I think I ended up with 20+ inches of snow. It kinda gave me a sick stomach to look at it past 18 inches.

7. Dec 22, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    This is sad, when i was younger i would pray for snow and if we did actually get some, my entire day would be spent outside. This past storm pissed me off since it nearly cancelled a much needed final and i spent hours getting the other vehicles out/shoveling out the sidewalk. However, i did take a couple hour break from studying to screw around in the truck:D.

8. Dec 22, 2009 at 4:18 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I keep my truck pristine. It is, and will remain, like new.

Our local drive-thru is touchless. If I want something nicer, there's a soft-cloth wash here which does not recycle water, and the manager said they replace the cloths weekly. It's a little pricier, but worth it for the wax/rust inhibitor/sealant job.

When the lift and regearing goes in, THEN it's time to wreck the paint. But not yet. And it will always be washed regularly to fight corrosion.

9. Dec 22, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I dunno, I love it!! :woot:

I love the snow, skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, sledding, snowmen....
    nothing like a hot tub on cold winter's night with the snow sparkling off the moon's glow
    (not my butt ha ha) :p

If its gonna be cold, you might as well have some snow!
    Plus Toyota will take of the frames...my dealer's got it down to a science on the 01-04s, churns em' out big time. Drove through the parking lot on Sunday and there had to be 8 trucks sitting there with brandy new shiny frames, leaf paks, brake lines...not a bad deal and what other mfg would do that? I mean I do wash the undercarriage as much as I can in season & admit around April its time to get ready for Spring, but hey bring it on.

10. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    I got the Ziebart underbody spray when I bought my truck new so we will see if that helps at all. They salt like crazy in Upstate NY and I figured it couldn't hurt. My last car was rusted to hell underneath. Then again... kinda cut backed to like 1 wash every 6 months with that car.

I don't care much about what my truck looks like but I do care about preventing rust. Luckily I barely drive it much and we normally use my gf's car as the daily driver.

11. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.

Aren’t you glad you detailed your Taco with a sealant and topped it off with 2 coats of wax? LOL ;) I do have to agree with you the long term effects suck. I see a lot of undercarriage washes this winter. Touchless car wash systems only.

12. Dec 22, 2009 at 7:23 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I just got out of my truck at work and fell on my ass on some black ice. The coffee cup went flying, my lunch box crashed to the ground, and now my ass hurts. I'm ready for spring.

13. Dec 22, 2009 at 8:15 AM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    People slipping on ice is one of the best things about winter.

14. Dec 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Normally I would agree with you, but today, not so much.:D

15. Dec 22, 2009 at 9:00 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Its Christmas Time!!

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...........

16. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts

It's always funny to see it, as long as it's not you :)

17. Dec 23, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    NOOOOooooooooooooo

Jesus, if my mother-in-law slips on the ice (she's 75), she'd probably break every bone in her body (really frail bones). She doesn't even have to fall to break bones. :eek:

18. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Hell yeah that was WILD! I did not think it was going to snow that much. That was a lot of fun.

19. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I totally agree with you there Judy. I guess its because I grew up in the snow belt Detroit MI.

20. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    upnorth

upnorth New Member

Member:
    Madison WI
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD
    TRD floor mats- ha, thats it!
    Snow. Bring it. More the better. Here is last week in Wisco. 20" that day. yeah, took a while to unbury the Taco.

DSC01406.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top