1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snowboard mounts/Crossbars

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WYOTAC, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    WYOTAC

WYOTAC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    06 AC TRD OffRoad Desert Sand
    ICON 2.5 with JBA UCA, OME Dakar
    I've received a few inquiries about my board mounts so I've decided to just post some pictures without thread jacking any others.

Ok, so basically I needed some bars to hold a bunch of boards above my toolbox and still leave plenty of room for other gear. There were no existing options out there that would allow this under a shell without having to crawl in the bed to secure the other end, so I made my own.

Rough estimate of Supplies used (I did this a couple years ago so I can't remember entirely but it will be obvious after looking at the pictures):
    20' of 1x1 thin walled square steel tube
    3' of 1/8" x1" steel strap
    Bolts and ny-locks for hinges
    Few rolls of 1" wide weatherstripping foam
    1/4" long shank padlock
    spray paint

The crossbar nearest the tailgate swings open allowing the board and binding to pass through and be clamped down:

[​IMG]

While, the crossbar nearest the cab is fixed. Kinda hard to explain but you can just poke the end of the board between two bars and it holds it up and prevents it from bouncing around.

[​IMG]

Here's how they work together:

[​IMG]

I am by no means an engineer or a fabricator so these are fairly simple, but they work perfect for keeping anywhere from 1-8 snowboards locked in place and still allowing additional gear to be somewhat organized below or on top of the boards. I hope this will give others ideas to create even better methods of locking down snowboards under a shell.

Here are some additional pictures showing in more detail the bed mounts, hinges, and lock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feb 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    CLynch

CLynch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Upstate New York
    None
    nice job. Plus to rep. I appreciate the time you took.

Products Discussed in

To Top