1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So Cal, trails and off road

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by ruler, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Apr 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    Playz

Playz Pepsi

Member:
    Whittier
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Flowmaster muffler, KandN intake
    That is correct. They even ask you to show them where your shifter is. He didn't believe me until I showed him my 4x4 shift knob.

2. Apr 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    That sucks.......but it does get muddy like hell in there. So most 2wd would end up getting stuck anyway....:rolleyes:

3. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:13 PM
    Playz

Playz Pepsi

Member:
    Whittier
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    If you went in the really muddy parts yes. I went to Big Bear and you can pretty much run through everything in 2WD and you get in some deep mud but it's on a road so easy to get out of. There are trails off the roads that I can't even try to drive on though.

4. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    damn, i wanna go off-roading sooooo bad. My friend knows of a couple trails in trabuco canyon. I'll probalby just end up off-roading there sometime

5. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:34 PM
    Playz

Playz Pepsi

Member:
    Whittier
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Well i'll be out in BigBear this Saturday. It's raining and snowing this WED so it should be fun!

6. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
    Anza Borrego is supposed to be really nice. I haven't ventured out that way yet, but the TTORA guys put up a run every year. I hear the trails range from easy cruisers to SAS/body damage trails.

7. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    Playz

Playz Pepsi

Member:
    Whittier
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm always down to try new places. Any pics?

8. Apr 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
  9. Apr 5, 2008 at 9:01 AM
    bisdak10

bisdak10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    back up sensor, snuglid, nerf bars, grillcraft, hella 500's. moto metal 957, 275/70/17 (cant remmber the tires right now). 3 inch lift
    i know its a little too late and too soon... me and my friend (with fj) is going to go meet up after lunch to climb santa ana canyon using the lincoln exit... just FYI to any one who wants to come... i'll be working tonight 7p-7a (graveyard shift), a few hours of sleep and i'll be good as new :) . we are going to meet up tomrw at around 1pm.

just an fyi....

dont worry i'll try to get as much pix as i can..

10. Apr 5, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    is it open? i know its closed on the silverado canyon side...that entrance is closed off..has been since the fires seared the whole area..

if its open on the lincoln side..let me know..ill be down to roll out tomorow i live down in anaheim hills not far away..email me thru here

11. Apr 5, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    bisdak10

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    back up sensor, snuglid, nerf bars, grillcraft, hella 500's. moto metal 957, 275/70/17 (cant remmber the tires right now). 3 inch lift
    i wont guarantee if its open but im >70% sure its open... if not open then we are just going to hit up the trail up in the 15fwy....

we are not going to do some hard core offroading just some hill climbing and some flexing...

12. Apr 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    COol..well..i dont mind driving up to check and see if its opened up..where abouts is the access point? I have never gone that way..I usually start in the Silverado side..so I would take the 91 East and get off where..? Green River? .....

Let me know again what time..and how to get out there..if you need to..PM me and I will give you my cell number to hit me up..

-joe

13. Apr 13, 2008 at 3:17 AM
    bisdak10

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    sorry for the late reply...

its open!!!
    we went 4/6/8. totally open...
    here are some pics

IMG_4634.jpg
    IMG_4629.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg

14. Apr 13, 2008 at 9:15 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    i think me and a buddy are going today to check it out..thats awesome its open..i was hoping it was..im sorry i didnt get a chance to go with ya last time..i got tied up doing some stuff and couldnt get away! bummer for me..

ill take some pics and post them too after today..

15. Apr 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    So we ended up going to a place called Tin Mine Canyon..theres a forest road entrance and the gate was open..it was off Lincoln and Foothill Pkwy..made a right on Foothill and headed to the end of the street..housing development going on..then you can see the entrance..

It was cool..a little erie..but bummed cuz there is a gate and its closed off..there is a radio tower and stuff out there..were you guys at the same place? If not give directions to the place you were at..I didnt really get any good shots out there..had my cell phone and it wasnt the best..the batteries died in my digicam..go figure..saw a blasted up car..that was cool..i might go shooting back there..didnt seem to be anyone around..hahaha..

16. Apr 14, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Lemme see if I can throw a pic..these are the best that I ended up getting..

skylinetrail.jpg

17. Apr 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM
    bisdak10

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    i think i know where you guys went. did you guys climb the hill in one of the cross roads? next time lets go and i can show you the part of the mountain peak with satelites, where you can see going westbound in the 91fwy. nice view

im not sure if its legal to go shooting in there. but i saw some shotgun shells near this pond where i got stuck....hehehe

check it out

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/bisdak10/

18. Apr 15, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    ya let me know the directions to get there..cuz we didnt get a chance to see the radio towers like you guys did..we couldnt get that far..we were close to something similar..but not where you guys were..

Let me know again when you are gonna go out there..Id like to go..I might be moving soon..I sold my home..so Id like to run out there another time before I bail So Cal....

19. Apr 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM
    05PreRunner

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    Have any of you guys been to Trabuco Canyon?

20. Apr 23, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Yes,me and a buddy hike back there even though we are not allowed to go there..its been closed off since the fires barbecued the area..its shitty cuz its a bad ass place to hike and I hear the trails are really cool to cruise..you can see the forest entrance trail where we hike..but its gated off..at least last time we went..which was about a month ago..we had to grab our hiking gear etc..and run up into the tree line..sometimes you might see a Sherriff there hanging out getting some ZZZZZZZZZZ or waiting for punks like us to try and sneek in..hahahahaa..

And Silverado is closed also..well..that entrance there is anyways...that was another cool trail that is close by .....I think the only thing in Orange County at this time to do any kind of off roading is Holy Jims..hahaha..let me know if im wrong..cuz id like to hit another trail thats close by..

Products Discussed in

To Top