1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So Cal Wheeling and Camping

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by SouthWhittierMetalWorks, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jan 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    SouthWhittierMetalWorks

SouthWhittierMetalWorks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Sirius Satellite Deckplate Mod
    A friend of mine just inherited an 85 Toyota pick up, his first 4x4, and wants to take it out this spring for a weekend of wheeling and camping. I've been browsing through the forums here and looking a bit online to find a nice place to take him out to. Lytle Creek seems like a pretty good spot but i was wondering what everyone else's recommendation might be. We're leaving out of the LA area but the drive to doesn't matter all that much to me. Thanks

2. Jan 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Come down to san diego!

3. Jan 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    Lytle Creek is pretty cool, probably some snow up there right now ! and they dont charge you to drive there. Azusa Canyon is good if you like lots of mud and some streams, except they charge like 8 bucks for the day, and they are kind of strict with the rules, last time I was out there they were patrolling alot and I seen a few people get tickets so that might not be such a good choice if its crowded. Also if you dont mind driving a bit further theres Johnson Valley OHV, good open area with a dry lake, or just hit Big Bear and theres plenty of trails

Products Discussed in

To Top