1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So close...

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by drtydru, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

Broward County State Attorney's Office just released the list of officers under investigation by its 'public corruption unit'- 138 cops :eek:

Many of them for falsifying reports/documents.

The irony of them hanging you out to dry for creative writing is that the SAO is more than happy to allow you to commit perjury if it benefits their case against someone. But they will stick it to you if it benefits them more to get you than the criminal.

2. Jan 11, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    I hate to say I told you so...............but I told you so.

3. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L

This is happening in Palm Beach County too. I lost count of how many guys got jammed up in the past few years, some I personally know. But I force a smile because I'm not doing anything dirty, so I can sleep at night. But it is getting a little rediculous.

BTW, on you psych, just get a good nights sleep, be honest, and be consistent with your answers. I though it was the easiest part of the hiring process.

4. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    Rellik01

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    You must be from NYPD "Jammed Up"

5. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
    Nope, never worked anywhere but Florida. But, I know for a fact that the State Attorney in PBC has a corruption unit as well, and they have been very busy lately. It's their job to "jam guys up". Sad.

6. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    MBTaco21

MBTaco21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I think it's perfectly plausible, not sad at all..:rolleyes:

7. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Rellik01

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Funny, Jammed Up is an old NYPD saying also.

8. Jan 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
    Yeah I can see both sides of it. Necessary evil I guess.

9. Jan 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    MBTaco21

MBTaco21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    X2

10. Jan 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    Irish020

Irish020 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Longbed
    ARE Hard Tonneau Cover Flowmaster American Thunder Super 50 Series Stainless Dual Exhaust Toytec Ultimate 3" w/ UCA's
    I wouldn't mention that you are in love with your Tacoma.

11. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    drtydru

drtydru [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    Ha! Its so hard not to talk about the thing that I love so much! And what is the deal with the 138 cops under investigation? What are the charges?

12. Jan 12, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    Read the list a few hours ago, only know 2 guys on it.

Turns out 30 of the cases are officer involved shootings- so I guess the list of of cops under investigation for criminal stuff is 108.

About 30 or 40 of those is for falsifying reports, another 10 or so for theft, 5 for introducing contraband to a detention facility, one for attempted murder, 2 for armed kidnapping, extortion, armed robbery. One for armed delivery of narcotics, and some other stuff.

No doubt some of these guys are real low-life pieces of shit, but many of them are going to be drug through the mud because of the way the wrote a report, which they did because they felt incredible pressure to close a case or make a charge stick. Sad.

But that's why you don't do it- these assholes are going to get out anyways, so no sense lying or stretching the truth and putting yourself at risk just to make a charge stick. Not worth it.

13. Jan 12, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    Rellik01

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    No sense in "Testalying" as they will just get out and you can make some O.T. locking them up again, especially since you know who to look for again. It's like shooting ducks in barrel.

14. Jan 12, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

Exactly

15. Jan 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    The criminal justice system is a funny thing. It is very hard for an officer to achieve a conviction in the court system. The S.A.O. is underfunded and overworked. It is not uncommon to see someone with 40 to 50 charges and only 1 or 2 misd. convictions. It breeds frustration in officers when they feel the need for "creative writing" to compensate for incompetent prosecution. Most S.A's are fresh out of law school. I had a S.A. fresh out of law school who was promoted to felony in 3 months. Now he was prosecuting a greater that 28g cocaine case. It was horrible. He was up against a well known defense attorney here in town. The S.A.O. will prosecute officers cause it is so easy. I hate it when officers try to use big words and try to sound intelligent when actually the opposite can be true. When I used to train cops I would tell them use simple stupid words that you can justify in court. Defense attorney will try to use big fancy words in court then try to rapid fire your answers confusing the officer and lulling him or tricking him into purjuring himself. when he could have just said "i don't understand your question" in court. case gets thrown out. Gets their client off and ruins the officer. I would love to know the details of some of these cases. What gets an officer in trouble more than anything is thinking they are smarter than they are, against a well trained very smart defense attorney. This is a difficult job to undertake. Most juries think the crap they see in CSI or some of those other crappy TV shows is for real. reality is..Casey Anthony. This is what L.E. and the SAO has to deal with. We need to lower our standards for conviction and put people where they belong. Maybe this "corruption" would not be so "corrupt". The SAO should work more with officers than against them. SAO should work harder at trial maybe even make an argument. The criminal justice system in Florida is broke! For a guy that has been arrested 40 to 50 times our trouble is not finding him our trouble is locking him up.

OP welcome to Law Enforcement.

16. Jan 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    Amen

17. Jan 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Bee22971

Bee22971 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD
    King 2.5 C/O, DSM UCAs, 2" AAL, and AllPro Sliders
    Good luck tomorrow. LE in the Bay is always exciting.

18. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    The psych exam is complete! The written portion took about 4 hours. Lots of repeat questions, the one that stood out the most to me was "Do you like alice and wonderland?" Dont really understand the relevance of that. All in all it went really well though. I was given the Wonderlic test as well. Its timed, 12 minutes, and I was told to finish as many questions as I could. I scored a 27, above average apparently, so that was a HUGE plus I was told. I needed any advantage I could get over the next candidate because Im a white male. I met with the psychologist for about 25 minutes after it was all over. He was very nice and we just went over a few questions that he wanted clarification on. It all comes down to monday when my background investigator, the psychologist and the Dr. that examined me meet with someone to discuss whether or not I should be accepted into the academy.

WISH ME LUCK!!

19. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Yeah I figured it was a drug related question. But kids like it too. The movie and book are pretty crazy without drugs though. You cant judge someone based on a movie they like...unless its Water World.

20. Jan 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    Rellik01

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Oh and BTW close down your facebook, myspace, twitter, etc. accounts. Good ammo for a defense attorney.

To Top