1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So GF and I decided to take a break....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by veet skeet, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    veet skeet

veet skeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    Thing is, she said I annoy her, not because we're together, but she said because of my stupid jokes that aren't funny to her, and how I tell her about my free time and what I do, or when I ask her about what she has to do on some day because she is so stressed and she hates it when I ask her that. I don't text her all the time, I don't call her all the time, I have barely really had much time with her lately.

2. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    :thumbsup:

You'll find the mind of a woman can be more confusing than trying to read a different language while riding a unicycle on an ice lake being chased by flying squirrels.

and thats pretty fucking confusing.

3. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

This is why OP needs to step back for a long time and keep in mind that their are priorities higher than falling in love with a girl. I am assuming OP is in high school...

I have learned through my dating years girls can ^%$# your brain up pretty bad. The last thing you want to do is put yourself in a position where you are so emotionally attached to them you will not break off the relationship.

4. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    veet skeet

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    We're both in college. First year. I was actually the one who brought up the fight in our discussion yesterday, I was the one who proposed the break and initiated it.

5. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

My advice would be focus on school and have fun with the ladies. Don't get involved in relationships because most of the time relationships can be a pain in the $@#.

6. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    gpend5.7sport

gpend5.7sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport
    too damn many
    if she don't like your jokes then its all over bro, mine gives me pity giggles depending on how corny my joke is at the time.

7. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon
    :laugh:

8. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    gpend5.7sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    too damn many
    its just cause the whole soon to be fire fighter thing, i guess it gets me brownie points and dismisses my shitty jokes.

9. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    veet skeet

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    She says I just don't know when to stop telling em...

10. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Stew

Stew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stew
    Greenville, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 04 Single Cab 2.7 4x4
    2.5in ^, debadged, fog light mod, deck plate, line-x, tool box
    My step dad and I don't get along but the best advice he ever gave was "relationships have two outcomes you break up or get married so when you see signs of a break up suck it up and move on."

99.999999% of relationships which start during or before your freshman year of college do not work out, no ones fault but you're both getting to know yourselves and so many other people along with deciding what is important to you and your life. Before that when you start a relationship you know what you enjoy but as you grow through college you begin to see what life is going to require to be successful not "enjoyable" and it changes people. Long story short its over, at least for now. If she is who you're supposed to be with and you both really "love" each other you'll walk away from it without dragging it out and making it worse on both of you and if shes the one for you after a few years of you both dating other people and growing as people you'll end up talking again and the relationship will be that much stronger because you had time to see what was important.

For now just move on and don't make finding someone a priority focus on being successful the girl will happen if you just live your life, and you'll find her somewhere you would never expect and you'll have more in common that way because you're trying to live life not find love.

11. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    SBlue

SBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alma
    San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara
    Couldn't have worded this any better! If you cling too much you're going to overwhelm her more than she already feels with school stuff. Couples need space especially in college. Being "tied down" in a relationship can also make you feel like you're missing out on your college experience and adds to the stress. Give her a lot of space. Go days without seeing her, couples don't need to see each other every single day. AND have guy's nights out. While you're out with the guys don't text her. You don't need to talk to your gf/bf every single minute of the day, otherwise you get bored/annoyed with each other. If she's really into the relationship then she'll come back. Other than that I think the college and sorority life is making her want to experience the single life.

12. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    veet skeet

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    Thing is we don't text or call each other all day long. When I am hanging with my guys or her with her girls, we don't text till after we're done. I see her in class twice a week, and like one more day during the week, and that's it. I am hoping not talking to her or seeing her at all during this week break will make her come back and realize she wants to be with me still.

13. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    gpend5.7sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    too damn many
    its them californian girls bro, gotta find you a good southern girl.

14. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

x2.

OP I had a relationship in my second year of trade school with a girl a couple years younger than me. We dated for a year and a half, happy as can be. Unfortunately, as we were doing our own things she found that I wasn't the right guy for her so she broke it off, which was fine with me because I am not going to give up working on my truck to spend 24/7 with her.

15. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    SBlue

SBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alma
    San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara
    Actually now she sounds like a B word. BUT people change a lot over time... maybe she has changed and no longer feels there's chemistry... :( girls suck :p

16. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

Heck yeah:thumbsup: I am looking for one right now. lol

17. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    veet skeet

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    She says if it doesn't work she still wants me in her life because apparently I am an amazing guy.

I don't know how long it will take me to be just a friend with her and be okay with it.

18. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon
    ha ha ha ha. Yes they do, especially the ones in HS and first year of college.

19. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon
    Don't listen to that BS... She wants you to still like her... She will date some other @%# hat just you watch.

20. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    TRDyota09

TRDyota09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabin
    Reedsville,WV
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD DCSB
    K&N cold air intake, magnaflow dual exhaust, extang trifold, grillcraft black mesh grill, spyder black projector headlights w/LED's and halo's, trd 6 speed shift knob, aftermarket TRD badges, interior piped out in red,265/75-16 Goodyear Duratrac tires,painted wheels w/red pin stripe
    I would look at this situation as she gave you the key to freedom! My advice, do a lot of cool shit to your truck, after that pick up hot chicks in your newly remodeled truck, and transform yourself into the largest man-whore you could ever imagine!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top