1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So happy I kept my Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue Tango, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Nov 13, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    I live in Portsmouth and it's pretty bad over here too.

2. Nov 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    GTVAPSAMTIK

GTVAPSAMTIK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SOHAIL
    Fort Carson, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFF-ROAD 4X4 Automatic
    EXTANG Tuff WeatherTech Liners Toyota Bed Mat Coverkind Seat Covers
    Dam thats crazy, It reminds of my when I was in hurrican Katrina in mobile, Alabama.

3. Nov 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I live up by the Moniter-Merrimac Br/Tu and it's like "What's the big deal?" really, streets dry, a bunch of wind and rain, but no flooding whatsoever. Really, my GF and I are both thinking "They closed school for this????" I grew up in SoCal, and even I'm like, hey it's just some rain folks!

But I guess if the busses can't get through safely, then it's a problem.

Glad I have a taco too! Might think about that rear diff mod on Sunday, my next day off.

Embarrasing too that the Navy has to CLOSE bases due to water? Anyone else see the irony?

4. Nov 13, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    Wow.... so I nearly flipped out on some cops. That area I drove through, was Taco safe yesterday. It has since stopped raining and while those cars are still under water, that intersection is not. Well the barricade that I drove through yesterday now had a bunch of cops and they refused to let me pass, so both directions were closed. I just wanted to go home and already knew it was safe for me (hell my GTO could make it now) but they refused. So instead of yelling I tried to go on base, which is closed. Then I got clever, iPhone with google maps provided me a back road to come up from the right of where that picture is. The road was rough (not car safe) but I made it through and the 3 squad cars in front of my place just let me pass. Like, holy shit, I drove through a far worse road to go home than I should have had to. My favorite part, they said I could park the truck further away and walk home. So it's too dangerous for a lifted truck, but not for me and my shoes.

5. Nov 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    This thread reminds me I really need to get off my ass & do the rr diff breather mod before I end up needing to drive thru some OP type places that happen around here from time to time. Glad it's passin on thru for y'all. We just got overhead lines with offshore winds for a coupla days here.

6. Nov 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Yeah during hurricane Ike that hit the Texas coast, I had to drive through water like that just to get to my house, the water was up to my door...

Man, that weather sucks, looks like y'all got a lot of work to get everything back to normal.

Products Discussed in

To Top