1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I bought my first used '05 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Light-tower, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Sep 20, 2007 at 6:41 PM
    Light-tower

Light-tower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Got what I was looking for - a standard instead of the automatic. Wish a Diesal version would come out but anyway it's the 4x4 tr7 4 door, black with only 47 km. Very happy with the purchase since standards are hard to find!.

So now I want to add some distinction to it - was going to put a Leer cap on it but i'm sorry guys, there friggin UGGGGGLYYY but I do want to improve the mileage a bit and was thinking of the Airaid or the K version out there if you think it's worth it. Plenty of warranty on it.

Anything I should know or any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.:D

2. Sep 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    Glendale, CA
    =p
    Lets see some pics, man. I love mine more and more each day, Im sure you will have the same experience. Congrats.

Ted

3. Sep 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM
    Light-tower

Member:
    I'll be picking it up this Saturday and will post some pics. :D

- Don't think I'll do the K&N upgrade since there may be warranty issues.

4. Sep 20, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    i havent had any issues w/ my drop in. no residue in the intake at all. i think it all depends on how much u oil it. i periodically rinse mine out w/ a hose and let it completely dry before putting it back in. not sure if its good or not, but it works

5. Sep 20, 2007 at 10:19 PM
    Light-tower

Member:
  6. Sep 21, 2007 at 3:03 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Good for you Light-tower. Where did you find it and how much? Details details details bud. BTW, which city are you in? Consider rust proofing since its very important in Canada, you know :rolleyes:.

Careful what tonneau cover you buy. I bought mine from Toyota and they suggest I dont take it off. They say, if I do take it off, it will be very hard to put it back and I may never line up the 2 latches. What a freaking bitch that turned out to be. So, I had to go out and buy a trailer to cart large items around. Consider a roll-up type maybe???

Best wishes and welcome to TW. :canada:

7. Sep 21, 2007 at 3:46 AM
    Light-tower

Member:
    Thank you TW.

I'm located in Bolton, Ontario and it's truely an all Canadian purchase since I got it from Paul Coffeys' Toyota;). I picked it up for $22 000 + tax but that includes my trade in of my old Ford f-150 2000 pickup that has alot of problems and over 254 000 km. They were asking $299995.00 for the truck with 47 000 km so I'm satisfied with the deal since standard is what I wanted anyway. The truck came with the sports package as well.

It already came with the rust and sound guard protection package from the dealer as part of the deal so I won't be going to Krown.

The truck has those roll up tonneau cover but I'm not sure which type it is but it looks like the Toyota brand.

So, what are your thoughts on winter tires and changing the intake?

Pics to follow on Saturday!

:)

8. Sep 21, 2007 at 12:54 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    If a new Taco needs anything, its a new set of tires. The originals are so shitty in the snow, you wont believe it. You'll be slip sliding away.

BTW, you bought it from Paul Coffey? THE Paul Coffey? Did you meet him?

9. Sep 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    Light-tower

Member:
    Yes the one and only. He has NHL memorabilia throughout the dealership. He also gave me an autographed picture of himself:)

Mind you, this is the second vehicle I bought this month. Leased a Sienna CE for the wife but the Tacoma is going to be a keeper for a llllllooooong time:)

BTW, where do you buy your parts from in Canada? Going to change the intake to either a TRD or Volant...havn't decided yet. I'm also going to change the exhaust at the same time and and some headers:)

10. Sep 24, 2007 at 8:23 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Congrats on the truck Light-tower, i'm sure you'll love it as much as the rest of us love ours. Themaster is right though, change those tires before it gets icy up there!

11. Sep 24, 2007 at 8:34 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    I've not had to look for parts yet for my 07. I'd go to the dealer since its still kind of new.

12. Oct 22, 2007 at 8:21 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Sounds like a good deal, I myself am a no topper, no cover kind of guy, but I know that there is positives of keeping your gear dry and secure. As for the other questions, I live in Rochester, NY and I swap out for winter tires, it gets so cold that all season tires don't grip as well when it gets below 40 degrees, as for your intake, consult a local mech. and see if your computer won't protest, gas milage and total performance could easily go the way of the dodo.

13. Jan 13, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I was wondering what you paid for your used 2005 Toyota?....Looking @ getting another one.
    Thanks!

14. Jan 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    congrats on ur truck!!!!!

15. Jan 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Sorry my bad......Saw the price!

To Top