1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I get the rear end taken apart and....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by drarin, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    drarin

drarin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    realize the Wheelers has neglected to include the bag of parts containing the rubber pads and cross bolts for the 3 leaf AAL. FML. The dude at Wheelers was very apologetic on the phone and is sending them out priority...but it still sucks....had to put everything back together stock, and now with my schedule, wont be able to get back to it for about 2 weeks.

I guess Ill just have to cruise around nose-high prerunner style, blinding everyone with my HIDs for a few weeks. :D

2. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    not sure if your bashing wheelers or just saying.they have been very good people to deal with on this site and they are human,mistakes will happen.just make sure you have all the parts before you start the job.

3. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Damn what a downer, +1 on the blinding of people.

4. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    drarin

drarin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:

Not bashing wheelers at all...Although i may have inadvertently cursed them in my mind when I realized I was missing parts. Honest mistake, big whoop....

But, this is also a case of not knowing what I dont know...I had no idea I was missing parts, until for some reason it crossed my mind that "Hey, I remember reading something about rubber pads in the product description on the website".

At that point I called wheelers, and when talking to them, also realized that there are supposed to be cross bolts for the leaf retainer straps. So, Like i said, i didnt even know what i didnt know. I had all the parts layed out and figured I was ready to rock.

Oh well.

5. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    lol,gotcha.

6. Nov 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    705 Taco

705 Taco Zombie Killer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Barrie ON / St. Petersburg FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    --Stock 2016. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 had 6 inch ProComp lift, Eibach coils on 5100 Bilsteins at zero, 1/4 inch Toytec spacer on drivers side, rear TSB, 1.5 inch Deaver AAL, ProComp blocks and rear shocks, 8000 lb Warn winch on a Trans4mer grill guard, 33 inch BFG AT's, 18x9 XD Monsters, PIAA headlights, PIAA driving lights, Pyro's blue LED gauges, LED strip below tailgate, Armor Lid hard tonno, Hidden Hitch, Dee Zee bed mat, Tint, XM, Garmin GPS, Ultra Gauge
    Ya that happens once in a while even when dealing with good people like Wheelers. What matters is how fast they get the parts out to you and it sounds like they got right on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top