1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I go through all the bs for the spring TSB upgrade....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by mick478, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    mick478

mick478 [OP] He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    So after leaving my baby at the stealers hip for about a week, I get it back... WITH THE STOCK SPRINGS!!! (They were new ones) Well at least they put them back on right, last time in my 09 they put a shackle on backwards. Just sux cuz now I have to battle with these guys over putting the right ones on, leaving my truck there again, and my odometer now reads 36,009. I'm gonna have fun. Sorry I had to vent to a group that would actually care an understand my frustration!
    --bott

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    What the odometer reads now is irrelevant. The issue was brought to their attention when the vehicle was still within the warranty period. The only reason it's back now is because they failed to fix it the first time. If the issue was documented to have started and was diagnosed within the warranty period, you should not have any issues getting the work covered.

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & '79 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Some dealers are real sticklers, mine didn't give me any troubles.

4. Feb 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport longbed
    weathertech visors,remote start,lojack, ARE z type topper, wet okole seat covers, pop n lock tailgate lock
    a weeek??? mine did them in 4 hours or less and using the right parts

5. Feb 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    SouthernTaco

SouthernTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5 4-banger AC
    Picking up my 2010 AC sr5 today after dealer agreed to do the rear tsb. Even called to tell me they went for the option to also upgrade all 4 shocks.

Good guy wins some times.

6. Feb 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off Road
    Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, AFE Air Filter
    I had no issue with mine, but I was at the 17500 mi mark. What I'm not clear on is whether I got a whole new spring pack or whether they just added-a-leaf (even though the invoice says I got new springs, u-bolts, nuts)... it was during the week where it was single-digit and teen temperatures, so I wasn't very inclined to crawl under to verify aside from counting the springs. Now that its all covered with salt and starting to corrode a bit, its hard to tell. It does look jacked up a bit in the rear, and I really noticed the height when I was loading stuff at a home depot.

I didn't have to push at all for the upgrade on my end, the service consultant had a cool, nonchalant (sp) attitude about it, to the point I actually felt bad for playing dumb as to the fault to get the tsb...but these trucks should have had the 4 spring pack in from the start.

I hope you have good luck getting resolution.

7. Feb 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    mick478

mick478 [OP] He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    Update, so I called the service advisor (I picked it up after hours last night) and he informed me that the trd sport models are not included in the tsb, so the tech used the vin to order replacement springs rather than the upgraded springs. At that point I could tell he was getting agitated as I was asking so many questions and not getting the answers I should be getting, so instead of getting irate and angry, I just asked him for Toyota of America's number and opened a case, I really can't stand dealing with dealers, I really wish my experience with the tsb the first time on my 09 (two dealers and it felt like I was pulling teeth) to my new taco would be better, seeing as how I spent 25,000 on my first, and 30,000 on my second Toyota product. Again, I don't want to beat this to hell, I just don't have anyone else to bitch to lol. Also, they aligned it and now the steering wheel is cocked to the left..... One of those things that just drives me crazy!!!

To Top