1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I go to replace my O2 sensors...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RacerP, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    RacerP

RacerP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4
    7th Injector kit, Trans Cooler, Donohoe c/o's, Billy's in the rear, FJ Cruiser Trail Team SE wheels.
    I got the typical P0136 code from my CEL...per alot of suggestions ordered both upstream and downstream sensors from RockAuto.

Upstream took me about 10 minutes to replace, great, then O go to do the downstream one and can't figure out why I can't get it unbolted??

I had the stealership replace both cats about 2yrs ago and it seems they tack welded the downstream O2 sensor in instead of of bolting it back on!!

What a major PITA!!!

Anyone else ever seen this??

Peter

2. May 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Deck Plate Mod; Grey Wire Mod; 1.5" AAL; 1.75" Lift Shackles; Bilstein 5100's; Eiback Coils; LR UCA; Front Diff Drop; Tundra Brake Upgrade; Wheels Offroad Brake Lines; Rear Diff Breather Mod
    Ass-hats... They probably fucked up the studs when trying to install your new sensor (or remove the old one). Thats why I always inspect work (major work) done on my truck/car before paying.

Random story: My wife took her car to Wal-Mart for an oil change while I was at work. I was able to get there just in time. Turns out they didnt replace the oil filter... I didnt pay them a cent, wouldnt let them install a filter, and went directly to a trusted dealership. Once the dealership assured me they actually changed the oil (and used the correct oil - and installed a new filter with no labor charges) I returned and paid Wal-Mart for the oil but not labor. They told me never to come back and I told them not to worry.

3. May 14, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    They welded the nuts to the studs or the sensor right to the bung? Is the heat shield still in place?

4. May 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    THEY told YOU never come back?? Wow-nothing worse than losers that are arrogant about being losers!

5. May 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    RacerP

RacerP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4
    7th Injector kit, Trans Cooler, Donohoe c/o's, Billy's in the rear, FJ Cruiser Trail Team SE wheels.
    They welded the sensor to the studs in place of the nuts. The heat shield is still there.

6. May 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    time to break out the torch

To Top