1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I gotta tell you guys about this

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by JJ Customs, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:02 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs [OP] Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    Okay: RANT ON!
    So my Toyota dealer called me at my home number and ask if I would be interested in coming down to look at the 08 models. So after a few restless nights I went down (keep in mind it's an hour trip) only after talking to the sales manager where I was told they would give me a minimum of 26,000 for my access cab due to them not having any used on the lot. Well my wife and I just had the baby and I figured I might look at a DC with the auto. I figured I could simply transplant all the upgrades to the new one. So I reminded them that this is a little drive for me and they say it would be worth my while to come down. So this afternoon I head down to Toyota of the Desert and park the truck. I find a nice DC, loaded longbed and they have 5 guys walking around my truck in the parking lot. Socks decals caught there eye and then I started showing them all the items I had added. The entire sales staff admitted that my truck was nicer than any of the others on the lot new or used. So with the rebate the truck I was looking at came to 29,500 so I figure okay I only owe 7,000 on mine so I should come out of this owing a little over 10,000. WRONG!! Well the sales person (lady) was extremly nice and after about an hour she comes out with the offer from the same sales manager that I had spoken to on the phone. His offer was 12,000 for my truck. Now my truck is PERFECT in every way with 17,486 miles on it at this juncture. I bit my tounge so as not to be rude to the sales lady wich seemed embarresed to show me this offer. I calmly ask her to go get her FOCKING sales manager to come see me. He comes out and I think he could tell I was quite agravated were I proceeded to let him know how 1 if he had any customer service he would have never invited me to come down and 2 any dealership that respented there customers would never make such a haness offer. So I ask why I was told I would be offered so much more on the phone and reminded him that I was invited to come in. His response is that he could offer me up to 26,000 but at action he could buy a Tacoma for 12,000. By this point I am about to lose my mind but kept my composure and reminded him and maybe a few customers within ear shot that not only do I have the 07 Tacoma but I also have an 07 4Runner along with a 97 Tacoma all bought new and that Toyota could expect a call from me on Monday to be informed of how this dealer treats repeat customers. So the last thing I did was show this guy that the trade in value of my truck to a dealer in his zip code was 22,500 and that is bone stock. By the way the offer of 12000 was including all the mods! Long story but I needed to vent. I should have known better however I thought maybe due to being such a good customer they were trying to show some brand loyality. In closing the mananger admitted that the call was just a try to drum up buisness. I thanked the sales lady who was great and refused to shake the manangers hand. As I departed I let the sales lady know if she ever decided to move to another dealer to give me a call and I would deal with her however I would not be back to Toyota of the Desert for any warrenty, sales or parts needs EVER!! :mad: Rant Off!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM
    JJ Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    PS. Sorry if the spelling and grammar sucks! I HAVE BEEN DRINKING!! Oh and on a good note this is # 500 for me! Will and Chris you had better watch out! JK

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    JJ Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks for reading that novel! Yeah I feel better now but I was a little hott!

4. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I would have been mad as hell.

5. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Bummer that you had to waste an hours drive. However it doesn't surprise me. Typical car salesman BS...

6. Jan 4, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    LOL! Your right on our heels! :p
    Sorry to hear about that, Jason. Dealers are shisters about doing this kind of shit.

7. Jan 4, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That's LAME- Pretty ridiculous that they wasted your time.

Better luck with your next dealer!!

8. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    That's total BS that the dealer gave you harris! What a bunch of A-holes.

I traded in my 07 Access cab Tacoma 4x4 2.7 liter after having it one year and I don't recall the EXACT figure but it was between 17,000 and 18,000 and it was more than what I owed on the truck. I told the salesman that if I didn't at least break even on the trade there would be no deal and I got a fully loaded 08 TRD off road access cab for 26,800 I believe.

Numbers are gonna vary from dealer to dealer and state to state but they were definately trying to steal your trade.

I know people gotta make a living and no offense to anyone in TW that sells cars but how do you blatently try to rip people off like this? I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror every morning.

9. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Sorry to hear about that, maybe you are better of finding another place.
    So many times dealers of anything try to pull a fast one, or bottom dollar everything.
    Sad thing is alot of people are reeled into it.

10. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is... :(

11. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Sorry to hear about this. I hope you do call Toyota and let them know about this dealer. I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say.

12. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    that totally sucks. but you can believe it because its a stealership. they try to rob you of your truck and your money. i hate stealerships.

13. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    They'll use any excuse to get you into the dealership and keep you there. When I went to Camelback Toyota in Phoenix the sales guy there took my keys so the pre-owned guy could 'check out' my trade - he held onto them as long as possible so I couldn't leave.

14. Jan 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sucks to hear Jay!! believe....i know all too well the joke that stealershits can be(the local one here in nothing short of retarded). you did better than i did brotha...................i woulda been taking a ride in a car with blue lights probably!!:D

and yeah man..................your getting close!!:D

15. Jan 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    That sucks man, way to stay calm though.

I know I couldn't!!!

16. Jan 5, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    Menametony

Menametony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    wow... it pisses me off just reading that... dam salesman

17. Jan 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    That sounds like Dick Dyer in Columbia. I'd been offered 19,000 for my 06 at two other stealerships and he offers me $12,000. The guy didn't even look at my truck. It was in excellent condition (i'd only had it a year and VERY low mileage) but they'd put "good" on the paperwork. I kept asking for my keys back and the guy finally gave them back to me and said lets go talk to one of the managers. After 15 minutes they said the BEST they could do was a total of $17,000 for the new one (I didn't want anything over $15,000) and they weren't making any money on the deal. I said ok and went back to the salesmans desk and he left to do something and I headed out the door.

Went to a different dealer and got the deal I wanted. They ended up selling my truck for $21,xxx.

18. Jan 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Damn... I got $15K on my '06 PreRunner when I traded for my '09, cherry, and no mods... I'd be interested to hear what Toyota has to say when you talk to them...

19. Jan 18, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    damn... :eek:

20. Jan 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Alaskaflyer My other ride Hovers

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DC TRD Off Road
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    Tacomas are still very popular trucks, try to sell it on Craigslist or something like that, then walk on the lot with a check in hand for what you want to pay for the truck you want, that's what I did after the lowball offer they gave me on my truck. I ended up walking out paying 21399 when the sticker price was 27600 and after I explained what the guy in the finance dept was trying to do on my first trip in there I ended up getting the 2 year maintenance booklet to boot! Walk on the lot with the upper hand and keep them honest (I know, I laughed when I typed that myself).

Good luck getting the truck you want and need for your new addition.

Gary

Products Discussed in

To Top