1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I guess I need some more practice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 0BlackTaco6, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    0BlackTaco6

0BlackTaco6 [OP] Ive got tiger blood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    I recently bought a 06 BSP DC 4x4 6speed and I love it. Took me awhile to get this tranny down cause it is definetly different than any other manual I have driven. I took it out yesterday just on some minor trails that are just through the woods. Nothing real technical. Just your basic tree roots and some decent inclines. The inclines where mostly on soft dirt and the entrance to the trail at the power lines. I guess to be honest I kinda felt like I had no idea what I was doing haha. My previous truck was a 2000 tundra and it was auto. I took that thing through trails no problem. With this truck I dont know if im just nervous about breaking something or I need more practice driving a stick off road. I felt like I was either riding the clutch way to much or when I would try not to I felt like I was clunking the crap out of it. Its all stock right now and im assuming that the stock suspension is just kinda clunky anyway but it also seemed kinda noisy bouncing over roots at just a crawl. All in all I love the truck but I must need some more practice going out on the trails with a manual.

Products Discussed in

To Top