1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I'm wanting a scanner....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ToyotaKTMracing, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Aug 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing [OP] The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    I feel so dumb! :facepalm: I never though of velcro for mounting it. That's probably the easiest and cheapest way. I just hope the velcro would last and the scanner won't fall off.

EDIT: But at the same time, I prefer not to put something like that on the scanner.

2. Aug 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    I'm pretty sure I have my choice for a scanner. Now to find some kind of mount. Not the cup holder one. Help??? :confused:

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Ram-Mount has a lot of custom options

4. Aug 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    Dang, they do have a lot. Didn't see exactly what I needed though :(

5. Aug 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    Well I pretty much have my items to go with a scanner decided. Might as well turn this thread into a show me your scanner thread so, let's see those scanners!

6. Oct 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    Thread revival! So I will be getting my scanner in about a month for my birthday. I know where I want to mount it in my truck, but idk how. I want it in the area of where the 4WD switch is. As long as it is facing me and is on the driver side of the stereo without blocking it.

Products Discussed in

To Top