1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So now I know - Tacoma 4 cylinder review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MountainEarth, Apr 10, 2012.

1. May 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    MajKong

MajKong Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Seatbelt Buzzer turned off, Bed Mat, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Intermittent Wipers, Fumoto drain valve
    I like your truck, too. I think the smaller the cab, the better looking the truck. I just needed the Access Cab space.

I baby my truck, too. That's probably why I don't think it's underpowered.

2. May 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    I think it's crazy to complain about the power from a 2.7 lol. If you need power you just get the v6. Pretty simple. I could have got one but I drive my truck more then anyone I know as my daily driver son it just didn't make sense. Ideally I should own 1/2 ton truck for my toys and other loads, and a small car to rip around in. But it made more sense to me to meet in the middle. I haul everything I need with this little beast and it goes through everything

3. May 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    newertoy

newertoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Tn
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 extra cab
    2" lift AAL and Bilstiens-front-rear,front diff drop. main drive drop
    I have a 6cyl and HAD a 4cyl--need the power-get the 6. Especially in hilly country.

4. May 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    NorthWoods

NorthWoods Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seacoast NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Base 2.7 Auto
    40" OKLED Light bar on Silver07taco roof mounts, K&N air filter, Blacked out badges, WeatherTechs, Satoshi grill with HID convert Hella 500FF's, ESEE 5 Gear Selector, LED Interior lights, Derped black wheels.
    My little 4 banger is fantastic. It' not a v8, I knew that when I bought her. She hauls me and all my work crap(construction) around just fine. Do I have to press the pedal a little harder going up big hills and when I wan t to pass? Yeah, but I do sure like getting 21-22 MPG. I could have waited longer and put useless money into my old crap cavalier, got a v6, but I'm happy with what I have.

5. May 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    ChrisGralnic

ChrisGralnic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern cali
    Vehicle:
    06 Prunner with AAL and Trd suspension W/lift
    Previous owner used to haul heavy loads, so he put an AAL on it and TRD front suspension with a lift and custom rear suspension for added weight capacity. I recently installed a tow package (Curt with lifetime warranty) So i will definitely see what this thing can handle as far as weight goes.
    I don't like having no room. However, when i get out of it and turn around, i find myself staring for a good 45 seconds to a minute. No shame. Lol!

6. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:12 AM
    JHG57

JHG57 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Oviedo, Florida
    For me the 4 Banger gets me everywhere I need to go with minimal downshifting. It is a 5 speed Manual Tranny, they are made to shift gears as needed.
    That said, they make a bigger engine for those that feel they need more power. :)

To Top