1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So what's the deal with arizona road blocks?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by truckboattruck, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jul 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    2001 4x4 5Spd Xtra Cab V6
    205k+ miles, 265/75/16 BFG A/T's, OME 881's, Wheelers 5 leaf pack, 5100's, Home Made Sliders
    I was laughing pretty hard at that one too, he squeals like a little girl, not saying I wouldn't :laugh:

2. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    truckboattruck

truckboattruck [OP] is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    one of the case reports said he got tazed for 22 seconds and then immediately again for 5 seconds, he said it felt like one tazer that lasted for 30 seconds... but yeah he was recording so more pain=more sympathy

3. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    BTW Exact same video, exact same topic, mostly going to get the same answer's.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/of...allenging-immigration-check-points-video.html

FWIW here's my post from that thread I still stand behind it.

4. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    truckboattruck

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    yeah alright but i
    not to have such a political debate which is how the other thread went. And so this was a repost on reddit and i reposted it here with out searching; nbd right.

5. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Just out for a rip are ya bud?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    you people are unbelievable able...this man is standing up for his FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS, a right in the constitution that this country is founded on, and he gets beaten and tazed for it, and according to some of you he is being the problematic douche? It's not about actually wasting time or being in convinced, it's about standing up for your self and not letting the govt encroach on your freedoms and rights. So many people these days are just fucking sheep in the heard going along with and doing what ever they are told. In the second video the officer says that he needs to get out and do what ever the LEO says because" I'm an officer"...that is not how it works. they refused to conduct them selves the legal way and bring the dog back or even formally charge him with a crime. instead they just smashed his window, tazed him and beat the shit out of him all while he did not lift a finger or put up a breath of a fight. then the grand jury found him innocent and that the officers were in the wrong the whole time. that was what he was standing up for, the wrong and forceful treatment by the officers. Call me a sunflower or what ever, i'm not doing the same thing he was, but maybe our ideology was the same. While it's easier to just do whatever a forceful power tells you to do and blindly follow commands when threatened (nazis?) why should you just bend over and take it without making sure you are being treated fairly and legaly? Like i said, obedient sheep.

/rant

preparing for :crapstorm:

HAHAHA, didn't see that thread when it was open but it seems like my opinions would have gotten me a lot of enemies there too. but my values and opinions still stand.

6. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    truckboattruck

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    lol too much passion from you

7. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I love the place that i live and am sad to see it falling to shit. sorry if there are a few things that get brought up here that i stand for and have a strong opinion in and believe in. Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

8. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    play with fire... you're going to get burned.

ARIZONA FTW

9. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Mine also the point I was trying to get across in the last thread is that it isn't the cops that are in the wrong when doing the stop's they are just doing their job's. Don't like the laws vote in people whom mirror your views. LEO can't change the laws on the side of the street. I agree that the stops shouldn't be done and that they are invasion of privacy but I don't give the officer that's checking my ID/Truck when I go through a DUI checkpoint shit about it because he's just following orders trying to make the world a better place. IMO, the guy in the video should have just complied and let the judicial process do its job if there wasn't any evidence against him the case would have been thrown out and everyone would just go on about their lives.

10. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Crom

Crom Time is precious; use it wisely

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab 4x4 Off Road
    A.R.E. MX Shell & Yakima Rack, Stubbs HD-SKO Rock Sliders, JBA HD UCA's & OME 885 Coils and nitrochargers, Dakar leaf packs, u-bolt flip, Flat BajaRack, Kenwood VHF/UHF Radio, Aux Battery, Solar Panels, L-Track everywhere, Goodyear Duratracs, Secured tailgate, 7-pin relocation, Inverter 400W all time, In-cab 110v outlets, Rear-seat 12v outlets., Steering shaft TSB, anytime fogs, DTRL toggle switch, aux turn signals, Diff Breather, ImMrYo mirror bracket, ABS Kill switch, (2) Kid Car Seats, and a Glock 23 with night sights.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Border_Patrol_Interior_Checkpoints

11. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    truckboattruck

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    well he was arrested on one of these tirades and when his case went to trial he was acquitted of all charges

12. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
  13. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    2001 4x4 5Spd Xtra Cab V6
    205k+ miles, 265/75/16 BFG A/T's, OME 881's, Wheelers 5 leaf pack, 5100's, Home Made Sliders
    THANK YOU!

I agree the check points are completely retarded, but don't give the cops a hard time about it! I've been saying that the entire time in this thread.

14. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Crom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    A.R.E. MX Shell & Yakima Rack, Stubbs HD-SKO Rock Sliders, JBA HD UCA's & OME 885 Coils and nitrochargers, Dakar leaf packs, u-bolt flip, Flat BajaRack, Kenwood VHF/UHF Radio, Aux Battery, Solar Panels, L-Track everywhere, Goodyear Duratracs, Secured tailgate, 7-pin relocation, Inverter 400W all time, In-cab 110v outlets, Rear-seat 12v outlets., Steering shaft TSB, anytime fogs, DTRL toggle switch, aux turn signals, Diff Breather, ImMrYo mirror bracket, ABS Kill switch, (2) Kid Car Seats, and a Glock 23 with night sights.
    United States v. Martinez-Fuerte (1976 U.S. Supreme Court)

15. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    why does it shock anybody as to what happened in the video? (2nd video)

the guy was looking for trouble... he found it when he was no doing what the LEOs were telling him to do. his true colors showed when he squealed like a bitch.

want to stand up for freedom and people's rights? join the military and put your life on the line

16. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    So are you saying what they did was right? And that they did their job to serve and protect the people to the best of their abilities?

17. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    truckboattruck

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    however is it now not worth abiding by your rights to instead not inconvenience a border patrol officer. the dude in the video is not responsible for proving he is a citizen so the stop should have ended when he refused the officers request and the officer was content there was nothing obviously illegal going on in the guys car.

18. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    Crom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Feel free to remain ignorant on the subject too. Have a nice day! :wave:

The checkpoints are legal and have been so since 1976.

19. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    Ok that's not fair in any way shape at all and one of the dumbest things i have heard. He was tazed for 20 second straight! 20 SECONDS! A normal tazer pull is 5 seconds, so the officer pulled it, held it and pulled it again. He squealed like a bitch because every muscle in his body seized and convulsed for 20 seconds. You would make the same squealing noises if that happened to you. Anyone would.

20. Jul 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yup. dude wasn't cooperating and they followed procedure

To Top